Best way to dispose of old parts

Xplo1t
19 hours ago, James Evens said:

not much worth

To whom?

How bigs your wallet compared to Bill Gates' wallet or you hand to mouth like the majority of society.

I mean really, some lady stealing $1.25 in boxes from the dollar store, when the same criminal charge is laid on a $4999 vehicle theft.

One persons trash is anothers gold mine.

Maybe you do not need that $20 cash in sale from that gadget, so the likely outcome is throw it away or dump it off, along with your old couch to the back door of the Value Village. There are lots of people out there, especially poor families that only need internet access, email and a few simple games, those families would love a spare $20 as well.

Just saying its all in perspective, dependent primarily on thick your wallet is.

A lot of that is decent stuff. Set that 2700X rig up as a LAN rig with an ITX board and maybe pfSense with the 920 or something. Selling for cheap/giving to friends is a great christmas gift too

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

47 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I called dibs first xD Still haven't heard back from him though PM and I see he hasn't posted in this thread again yet...possible bamboozle?

Uhhhh...tell your programmers that their bot needs to work on its "context" a bit, not sure what you though was going to get "solved" here xD

uhh m8 idc who calld dibs ill fite u 2 de deth 4 dese parts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

I called dibs first xD Still haven't heard back from him though PM and I see he hasn't posted in this thread again yet...possible bamboozle?

Uhhhh...tell your programmers that their bot needs to work on its "context" a bit, not sure what you though was going to get "solved" here xD

Replied to your message.

58 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

A lot of that is decent stuff. Set that 2700X rig up as a LAN rig with an ITX board and maybe pfSense with the 920 or something. Selling for cheap/giving to friends is a great christmas gift too

That's the problem, I'm struggling to find someone in my social circle that wants desktop hardware.  I could give away laptops for days, but desktops are just not popular.  The i7-920 for example was given to a family member 2-3 years ago, they used it a handful of times, but mostly their laptop.  It was given back because it was taking up space.

At this point, unless someone miraculously shows up to my door asking for computers parts, it's all going to the recycling center that's close by.  Their website is iffy on recycling electronics but it's worth a shot.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

selling is the best option for old parts...atleast you get some money out of it