Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BO4 freeze, pixels appears on screen

ne0tic

So I got my new RTX 2070 and ROG Swift PG278QR a couple of days ago and at first everything were working fine except for that the lights on the GPU restarted everytime I launched COD BO4. Today I started to get more problems though. I played some BO4 multiplayer and after I played it for a while, the game just froze and a lot of pixels started appearing on the screen (photos below). I tried to tab out of the game and that didn't work. But after maybe a minute I actually got out of the game but then I saw that everything was just messed up and was glitching like hell. Then suddenly some green pixels started appearing on the screen and the computer just shut off and rebooted. When I got to the login screen the resolution was all weird, like when I first had installed the GPU like 600x400 or something like that. I thought it might have been something weird with the graphics drivers since I didn't use DDU to uninstall the old drivers. So I downloaded DDU to remove all the drivers and after I've done that I downloaded the drivers from Nvidia once again. But now after that I still got the same problem, but even worse cuz BO4 freezes after just a couple of minutes and all the weird pixels starts appearing. One time I managed to close the game in the task manager, next time nothing was responsive and the computer just shut off and the latest time I got a error meesage and the pc restarted (image below). 

It's really weird because yesterday I played BO4 for 5 hours straight and I had no problems. 

Anyone got any suggestions on what could be wrong and what to do? I appreciate all the support I can get. Thanks! :) (Specs in my signature) 

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

Now I just played BO4 for about 40 minutes before it crashed so it's really random. Could there be something wrong with my PSU? Since it's over three years old and it's not really a quality one either. 

The times it freezes and windows is completly unresposive but it comes back after a while, it's almost like the GPU disconnects. Every app gets unloaded with textures and youtube videos are green. Much like when you are installing the latest driver for your GPU in geforce experience, kinda gives the same effect. 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

Ryzen 5900X

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Corsair RM850X

GPU is overheating maybe? looks like artifacts from overclocking, try getting afterburner and underclocking it to see if they go away

6 hours ago, tmurlis said:

GPU is overheating maybe? looks like artifacts from overclocking, try getting afterburner and underclocking it to see if they go away

Maybe, though I have monitored the temps all the time and the cards haven't gotten warmer than 65 degrees celsius. Though the temps that it is showing could be wrong I guess. I got the ROG strix RTX 2070 OC so maybe it is clocking itself too high so I will underclock it and see what happens. 

Still think the problem could be the PSU since the day after I installed the GPU I heard some quite loud clicking noises from it. Everything still worked fine though, until a couple of days later. 

I found a dude on some other forum that said that it would maybe help to increase the power limit. So I did that with evga precision x1 but it didn't help. 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

Ryzen 5900X

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Corsair RM850X

I just found this in the device manager (image below). Anyone know if that could be the problem? Does anyone have any idea to find the right driver for it? 

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

Ryzen 5900X

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Corsair RM850X

It seems unlikely that would cause it, without knowing what PCI devices you actually have in your motherboard it is hard to diagnose.

You could save your OC settings in the ASUS bios under a new profile and then reset the OC settings to default, this would reduce the power consumption of your whole system which, if the artifacts stop, would suggest that the PSU is at fault. if it doesn't change you can just reload the profile and bring the overclocks back

6 hours ago, tmurlis said:

It seems unlikely that would cause it, without knowing what PCI devices you actually have in your motherboard it is hard to diagnose.

You could save your OC settings in the ASUS bios under a new profile and then reset the OC settings to default, this would reduce the power consumption of your whole system which, if the artifacts stop, would suggest that the PSU is at fault. if it doesn't change you can just reload the profile and bring the overclocks back

I don't think it is that driver either. I've tried setting my BIOS to default but the problem still existed. It even happend twice while watching Youtube so I don't think it is the PSU. I tested my old GPU in the system and I had no problems, even after stress testing it for over an hour so that kinda confirms that it's not the PSU. I've seen other people with the same issues on their 2070 and the problem was failing VRAM on their 2070 so that is probably what causes the issues on my card too. For example this dude has the exact same problem as I do. (Video below).    I have contacted ASUS and are waiting for them to respond. 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

Ryzen 5900X

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Corsair RM850X