First gen iPad Pro in 2018?

Radioactive Snowman

So I’m in the market for an iPad and I was looking into the 2016 iPad Pro 12.9 because the main things I want it for are internet browsing, media consumption and very basic drawing. 

I was just wondering if this was still a good buy or if I should be looking at the 2017 version instead. I have no interest in the latest iPads they’re too expensive for my usage 

I also have no interest in the 2018 iPad I want at least a 10.5 inch display 

thanks guys 

21 minutes ago, Acceptive said:

yea its worth it

I’ve actually just bought the 2017 10.5 inch iPad Pro for €450, it’s a much better deal than the ones I could find for 12.9 

First Gen:

12.9" came out 2015,

9,7" followed in mid 2016 (with only 2gb Ram, 12.9" first gen had 4gb Ram already).

Second Gen made a big leap in my Opinion (still, first gen runs great):

- 120 Hz Display instead 60 Hz. This is a HUGE jump in terms of overall smoothness when using it. Also, much lower Input Latency for the Apple Pencil. That can be worth alot. Also, P3 color space available, display IS indeed a better one, even aside from 120 Hz (if i'm right, true tone is only since 2nd Pro gen).

- Bigger performance, because not only newer architecture, but also more Cores. It's a 6 core (3 high performance cores, 3 efficiency cores), also higher graphic power. Also, 4gb Ram even in the smaller version.

- Display from the small version made a jump to 10,5". Compared to 9,7" this is +20% surface area. That is worth alot. Bezels are smaller, Size overall similar.

- Smallest Storage option starts at 64gb already, which is a huge difference to 32gb (where you might feel forced to go up to 128gb. 64gb might be enough!). Second one is already 256gb, i have this one. I don't know if it was worth, only have like 50-60gb in use. But i plan to use this for the next 3-5 years ^^

Might be useless since you bought it already. But maybe you can see this as a confirmation for it ^^ I would've chosen the 10,5" also. So... Have fun with it!

13 hours ago, Darkseth said:

First Gen:

12.9" came out 2015,

9,7" followed in mid 2016 (with only 2gb Ram, 12.9" first gen had 4gb Ram already).

- 120 Hz Display instead 60 Hz. This is a HUGE jump in terms of overall smoothness when using it. Also, much lower Input Latency for the Apple Pencil. That can be worth alot. Also, P3 color space available, display IS indeed a better one, even aside from 120 Hz (if i'm right, true tone is only since 2nd Pro gen).

- Bigger performance, because not only newer architecture, but also more Cores. It's a 6 core (3 high performance cores, 3 efficiency cores), also higher graphic power. Also, 4gb Ram even in the smaller version.

- Display from the small version made a jump to 10,5". Compared to 9,7" this is +20% surface area. That is worth alot. Bezels are smaller, Size overall similar.

- Smallest Storage option starts at 64gb already, which is a huge difference to 32gb (where you might feel forced to go up to 128gb. 64gb might be enough!). Second one is already 256gb, i have this one. I don't know if it was worth, only have like 50-60gb in use. But i plan to use this for the next 3-5 years ^^

Might be useless since you bought it already. But maybe you can see this as a confirmation for it ^^ I would've chosen the 10,5" also. So... Have fun with it!

13 hours ago, Darkseth said:

First Gen:

12.9" came out 2015,

The deal ain’t happening the guy stopped replying so I withdrew my offer. I’ll keep an eye out for other 10.5 inch iPads though that seems to be the best option overall. Thanks for the reply!