Is this a cpu or motherboard issue

Hello. I posted on here about 4 months ago about wanting to upgrade a prebuilt I got off the company iron side. I liked the advice I received and this last week decided to go through with the plan to upgrade. I went to Newegg and ordered an i5 9600k for a good deal and an msi z370 a pro. The parts arrived yesterday and I started putting things together. I get it all ready and it doesn’t boot. I follow the guide on this form pinned at the top, still doesn’t boot. Guide says if it still doesn’t it’s probably the motherboard. So I go pickup a new motherboard, I got the gigabyte gaming x lga1151 and go home. Plug everything in add cooler the whole nine yards and when I plug it in the leds on the back of the motherboard turn on but it still won’t boot. The only thing I haven’t changed yet is the graphics card and proccesor which leads me to believe Newegg sent me a dead proccesor... Here is a PCpartpicker list of my specs, any help would be greatly appreciated.

36 minutes ago, ItsJustin said:

Hello. I posted on here about 4 months ago about wanting to upgrade a prebuilt I got off the company iron side. I liked the advice I received and this last week decided to go through with the plan to upgrade. I went to Newegg and ordered an i5 9600k for a good deal and an msi z370 a pro. The parts arrived yesterday and I started putting things together. I get it all ready and it doesn’t boot. I follow the guide on this form pinned at the top, still doesn’t boot. Guide says if it still doesn’t it’s probably the motherboard. So I go pickup a new motherboard, I got the gigabyte gaming x lga1151 and go home. Plug everything in add cooler the whole nine yards and when I plug it in the leds on the back of the motherboard turn on but it still won’t boot. The only thing I haven’t changed yet is the graphics card and proccesor which leads me to believe Newegg sent me a dead proccesor... Here is a PCpartpicker list of my specs, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Double check all your building work, your power cables, mobo front panel headers, ram seating, etc.

It's exceedingly rare for a straight up DOA new CPU to get through QC, but certainly possible, and in that case you should be able to get a replacement no problem.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.