Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Crossover Installed By Default (Free License, Free Of Charge) In Manjaro Deepin?

Well, I have to admit- the last several months of trying to get my rig my right before I'm ready to build it have been somewhat hectic with quite a few changes made on the way. At first I thought I was just going to do a normal pc-build mainly for Windows, but I've actually changed my mind on this as I've gotten a little fed up with what Microsoft has been doing lately. With that being said, I've decided to keep my recently revised version of components the same, but instead on Windows 10, Linux will actually be the star of the show! (Either Manjaro Deepin, Deepin Linux, or possibly Arch Linux. Haven't quite decided yet.) So, I was wondering if anyone here knows if Crossover already comes pre-installed on Manjaro Deepin as a full free license? Normally, for something like this, I would post on 1 of the Linux forums out there, but I figure someone here probably already knows since there are people out there that use Linux. I personally, have never really used Linux as I'm a newbie, but I've learned A LOT over the last few months of trying to get my build right.

Anyhow, if you need any other details or just have questions for me on this, you just drop me a line & I'll be sure to get back with you. Hope someone can help!

I highly doubt manjaro deepin has crossover preinstalled.  Crossover on Linux is half about supporting WINE.  Playonlinux & lutris are really good free alternatives.

Deepin has security concerns, see it's Wikipedia page.  Might I recommend. KDE or Cinnamon?  OpenSUSE, GeckoLinux, Fedora or Mageia?

@Kjennings92

I don't think people cant distribute proprietary software like CodeWeavers without their permissions, that would be a copyright violation

Why don't just use wine? And for gaming, Lutris and Steam with SteamPlay enabled is all you should need

@Lukyp According to Wikipedia, the Deepin distro actually does.  I wouldn't take the security risks I've heard about that distro though.  I use fedora with cinnamon.  I'm also trying mageia with cinnamon and really like it

The Chinese company that owned deepin Linux has a deal with the company behind corssover so it is preinstall on the deepin Linux distro free of charge. 

"Deepin is a strategic partner of CodeWeavers.[12] A version of CodeWeavers' CrossOver is bundled with Deepin.[13]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepin

On Manjaro, you gotta pay for the license. No freebie. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

21 hours ago, jpenguin said:

@Lukyp According to Wikipedia, the Deepin distro actually does.  I wouldn't take the security risks I've heard about that distro though.  I use fedora with cinnamon.  I'm also trying mageia with cinnamon and really like it

Is it more risky than using Red Star OS?

Sudo make me a sandwich