Need a solution to shorting charging cables

WallacEngineering

So Im a truck driver and every day when I am done driving I have to unplug my cables and fold them up and put them away so my partner can hook up his cables to the truck. Unsurprisingly, I am having to replace cables every 6-8 weeks due to shorting and failure of the cables.

I own the OnePlus 6, a Triple-18650 Box Mod Electronic cigarette, and a hands-free buetooth headset that all have to be charged on the go, plus I need and aux 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to plug my phone into the stereo so I can listen to music.

I need a set of charging cables that can withstand the punishment if being stepped on, accidentally being ripped out, and being folded up and stuffed into a small pocket daily. Here is the summary of all the cables I need:

1 X 3-4 foot Type A to Type C Cable, USB 3.1 capable, 5.0V/4.0A/20W Oneplus Dash Charge Capable

1 X 3-4 foot Type A to Micro USB Cable, highest data transfer rate and highest amp delivery possible

1 X 5-6 foot Type A to Micro USB Cable, highest data transfer rate and highest amp delivery possible

1 X 3-4 foot Auxiliary 3.5mm to 3.5mm (headphone jack) cable, highest audio quality possible

I have heard rumors of a company that has recently started designing kevlar-reinforced charging cables that sound awesome, however my attempts to search for it on the internet have been unsuccessful.

If anyone has any trusted super tough cables they swear on, I would appreciate the suggestion. Thanks guys, hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

On 11/24/2018 at 3:41 PM, WallacEngineering said:

So Im a truck driver and every day when I am done driving I have to unplug my cables and fold them up and put them away so my partner can hook up his cables to the truck. Unsurprisingly, I am having to replace cables every 6-8 weeks due to shorting and failure of the cables.

I own the OnePlus 6, a Triple-18650 Box Mod Electronic cigarette, and a hands-free buetooth headset that all have to be charged on the go, plus I need and aux 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to plug my phone into the stereo so I can listen to music.

I need a set of charging cables that can withstand the punishment if being stepped on, accidentally being ripped out, and being folded up and stuffed into a small pocket daily. Here is the summary of all the cables I need:

1 X 3-4 foot Type A to Type C Cable, USB 3.1 capable, 5.0V/4.0A/20W Oneplus Dash Charge Capable

1 X 3-4 foot Type A to Micro USB Cable, highest data transfer rate and highest amp delivery possible

1 X 5-6 foot Type A to Micro USB Cable, highest data transfer rate and highest amp delivery possible

1 X 3-4 foot Auxiliary 3.5mm to 3.5mm (headphone jack) cable, highest audio quality possible

I have heard rumors of a company that has recently started designing kevlar-reinforced charging cables that sound awesome, however my attempts to search for it on the internet have been unsuccessful.

If anyone has any trusted super tough cables they swear on, I would appreciate the suggestion. Thanks guys, hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Dash charging only works with One Plus cables. Sadly. So your only choice is to buy the right sized cable from One Plus, and I think they only offer two sizes. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Dash charging only works with One Plus cables. Sadly. So your only choice is to buy the right sized cable from One Plus, and I think they only offer two sizes. 

Oh man really? Thats a pain lol. Strange that I can't just replace the cable with a cable capable of 4 amps or more and have it work. Well I may have to just deal with 2.4 Amps charge rate then because OnePlus official cables are far too expensive for what they are.

Current Build Thread:

13 hours ago, ehurleyrobert said:

you should check the anker website

Ive seen Anker products. While they do seem genuinely high quality, they dont really offer what I am looking for. Besides apparently dash charge only works with the OnePlus official cable ^ so that kinda ruins the whole idea for me lol.

Current Build Thread: