Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Review

nicklmg

This hoodie is so cool, but i couldn't find it in the Designed by Humans Merch store. When will it be available? 

Linus needs a snickers before these reviews

12 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Linus needs a snickers before these reviews

You're not you when you're hungry, eat a Snickers 

/s

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Software company makes a hardware product and it sucks. Film at 11.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I don't like that for every generation of android they HAVE to reinvent the wheel and redesign the UI..

The search bar at the bottom is a joke.. If  I bought a pixel I will probably use a Launcher or something.. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

For every amazing feature that the Pixel has, there are 3 issues. It baffles me how the hell did they make so many mistakes with the 3. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Geeze. If this had been an apple product the title would have been "Apple iPhone, BUGGY, TERRIBLE, COMPLETELY UNUSABLE mess."

I know pandering to your audience is a thing but geeze....... Play favorites much? 

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

search bar at the bottom

I think iOS nailed it with system wide Spotlight search pull down. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

"Pixel" 

That's why it's buggy as heck 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I think iOS nailed it with system wide Spotlight search pull down. 

You're not allowed to say nice things about apple products here. 

Just in case you forgot about the shit show that was the "LTT is an Apple shill" after releasing a "nice" video about the iphone. (Which likely led to the 3 "Apple sucks" videos in the last month or so.)

It still, SOMEHOW, doesn't convert "my" to "your" when it creates tasks...

Google should probably make this a toggle, since there will never be consensus on what's best.  Case in point: There's a Skyrim mod to make the game's quest journal and popup messages behave just as Google Assistant does here.  And it has 48 thousand unique downloads!  

762-0-1480959291.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/762

4 minutes ago, JCHelios said:

Google should probably make this a toggle, since there will never be consensus on what's best.  Case in point: There's a Skyrim mod to make the game's quest journal and popup messages behave just as Google Assistant does here.  And it has 48 thousand unique downloads!  

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/762

This.... is a thing.... that people care about? So confused....

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

I really hate that I'm basically forced to buy a Google phone if all I really care about is timely and long term updates. 

You're.... kidding.... right? Android and timely updates are not a thing. 

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

I really hate that I'm basically forced to buy a Google phone if all I really care about is timely and long term updates. 

For what it's worth, any Android One phone has three years of security updates.  

Monthly security updates to be supported for at least 3 years after initial phone release.

https://www.android.com/one/

I have just sold Note9 and buy iPhone XS: Note9 was better than the Pixel 3 XL you demonstrated. However, the reminding data of Assistant, ToDo app and Keep app were scattered in 3 places even all belong to Google when Reminder app on iOS has reminding data stayed in one place loadable by Siri. The reminding data on Google assistant supports recurring reminders, the data on ToDo app only support by one off whole day reminder and the data on Keep also reminds once for a whole list of items. On iOS, you just fire up Siri and ask her to remind you to do something at a specific time in specific regular basis. Note9 was the most productive Android phone at the moment because of quick on screen note taking and drawing. That's it. The Google Duo presentation did fool me to switch from iOS back Android after 5+ years with Apple, but Google assistant still has very few language range and not much stronger context conversation compared to Siri.

Waiting for the delivery of my iPhone XS.

6 hours ago, geo3 said:

forced to buy

You are never forced to buy anything, you have a choice, its your choice what you do. I think too many people have fallen into zone where they just gotta have the newest gadget.

11 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You are never forced to buy anything, you have a choice, its your choice what you do. I think too many people have fallen into zone where they just gotta have the newest gadget.

I would like to agree with you — especially since I like old-timey smartphone design better anyway.  (Give me a replaceable battery and durable plastic over glue and glass any day of the week.) 

But it's not prudent to have an Internet-connected device without up-to-date security patches.  ESPECIALLY when it has your login credentials and two-factor authentication apps on it.  

So buy a expensive phone with many software issues that you would expect from a phone around the price I paid for a phone. get a good CPU camera and amount of space, plus a fidget spinner built into it by default? Sounds like a Apple product to me...

fidget-spinner-gif-transparent-4.gif

On 11/25/2018 at 4:45 AM, SmilerOnline said:

What are you thoughts on the new Note 9 feature Linux on DeX?

wish they bring back ubuntu mobile instead of the awful Pi version of ubuntu

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition