apple screwing me over

jamescpu

less than a year ago I got an iPhone X as I'm legally blind and use it for HomeKit and transport apps it's a great device that helps me everyday, the problem started a few weeks ago the device got super hot so I stopped using it I go back and look at it a while later the lcd is messed up and the screen is bulging out on one side some real issues ya know, the issue though got worse when I found out my iCloud was still linked to an account I forgot so I contact live chat they said no problem give us all the documents and proof of purchase and we'll unlock it I give the info and get a callback. apple says okay no problem contact tomorrow all the info will be forwarded.

I contact tomorrow and the guy says we can do nothing your device is in lost mode, bear in mind I'm visually impaired so I might have clicked lost mode instead of ping at some point I plead and tell they how much I need the device the guy says no and hangs up.

now I'm mad and contact tara bunch VP of AppleCare I get a response from a guy called kashif Jamil
(some exec) he gives no useful info and treats me like an enemy, I might as well contact the CCPC as they're in breach of the goods and supply of services act 1980 (yes I do business in school) think about it your out of 1k due to an account though you have all the documentation and just want your phone fixed. 

I have no idea what to do if you have any info reply or email 
me I don't mind.

7 hours ago, ki8aras said:

you could always sue them

small claims court probably 

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.14.28 PM.png

There is obviously a information disconnect somewhere in the chain. If they asked for your information to unlock the iPhone on the iCloud end and they call back and say they can’t, then something isn’t adding up. 

Regardless of the account issues, the phone needs to be repaired before anything can realistically be done to it. A expanded battery is a fire hazard and will kill the device if the battery fails. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

58 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

There is obviously a information disconnect somewhere in the chain. If they asked for your information to unlock the iPhone on the iCloud end and they call back and say they can’t, then something isn’t adding up. 

Regardless of the account issues, the phone needs to be repaired before anything can realistically be done to it. A expanded battery is a fire hazard and will kill the device if the battery fails. 

Yup so I’m doing this 

53E9AFDE-FDBE-4535-9477-87710346D97F.jpeg

3 hours ago, jamescpu said:

Yup so I’m doing this 

Idk what the CCPC is, lol

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

10 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Idk what the CCPC is, lol

It’s consumer protection in Ireland 

5 minutes ago, jamescpu said:

It’s consumer protection in Ireland 

Good luck with that, Apple and Ireland are best buds. Great corporate tax rates there ?

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Good luck with that, Apple and Ireland are best buds. Great corporate tax rates there ?

Not when they owed us 3bn lmaoo

6 hours ago, jamescpu said:

lost mode

Hit up the Apple store and be aggressive with them!

I think the best thing to do would be to visit an Apple store in person and show them the device. If the battery has failed and/or ruptured, it will be fairly obvious.

6 hours ago, jamescpu said:

the issue though got worse when I found out my iCloud was still linked to an account I forgot so I contact live chat they said no problem give us all the documents and proof of purchase and we'll unlock it I give the info and get a callback. apple says okay no problem contact tomorrow all the info will be forwarded.

I contact tomorrow and the guy says we can do nothing your device is in lost mode

It sounds as if you've forgotten your iAccount (or whatever it's called) details and are unable to log in to your iCloud account which the device will be linked to, and on top of that the phone has been flagged as lost or stolen... From Apple's perspective you're someone calling up saying you don't know the details of the account linked to the phone which has been reported as stolen and you want Apple to unlock the device for you and either reset the account information, or unlink the account from the phone... For obvious reasons Apple isn't going to do that unless you can prove you're the owner of the device with the purchase receipt which has the device serial number on it.

If you still have the receipt for the phone, make sure to take that with you to the Apple store to show them as they will need to confirm you are the owner of the phone. They may be able to help you recover your account in store if you can prove you're the owner of the phone and can provide details about your account (username/email, name on the account, DOB, etc).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Hit up the Apple store and be aggressive with them!

These two videos show Apple is a joke ???. Even Apple store technicans can't fix sh*t right without damaging some components. 

1 minute ago, Speed Weed said:

Apple store

That is why when you drop your "product" in the used and half full toilet, you just leave it there, go out and buy another $20 "product"

Then the other $980 is invested and earning money every day!

However, I did go on Fleabay and did not see no cheap Samsung S6's but I know its just a matter of looking for a longer time period. I am done with Apple, as I said before I am going to Android next. I can't remember what I had the S4 or the S6, but it cracked, I tried to fix it and fucked it up, it was like a year into a contract. That is when I decided enough is enough, no need for expensive doo-dadds

5 minutes ago, Speed Weed said:

These two videos show Apple is a joke ???. Even Apple store technicans can't fix sh*t right without damaging some components. 

For a battery failure causing buldging/swelling, they would most likely replace the unit outright rather than attempt a repair.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Bring it to the apple store if possible, if it's still under warranty, they should just replace it. Maybe initiate an RMA from their website if no Apple Store nearby... Or even try contacting your phone carrier/store that sold you the phone in the first place, see if they can help.

All in all, just Apple being Apple. I'm not surprised at all that they would basically treat you like garbage even if you provide all the info, they know you'll likely just buy another Apple device anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd probably go into the Apple store, not over the phone. Some things are just difficult to ascertain over the phone and you don't know who you are dealing with. Best thing, as with any company really, is to go into the store and be polite as always and get their help. Sometimes things look pretty bad when its just the way they do things or maybe a bit of sleep is needed. Be firm if you need to be. I was told that my keyboard was broken as was my responsibility when the key came off (and you can't put it back on!), they were a bit nice and still fixed it under warranty, the guy was a bit of an ass about it though. Although it was a big thing that the butterfly keyboards can do this (and the ghosting I have with the new keyboard!) guy still was a bit clueless and said that it just didn't happen to those keyboard. Two sides to every story however and it was fixed thankfully for free. 

things like these make me want to use a flip phone instead of dropping a grand on something ridiculous. If lost, stolen, or broken, i will just shrug and buy a new one for the price of what i would spend at my local pizzerias instead of crying and raging over it. 

Fun fact: for the price of an iphone X, i can get around 154 medium size, two topping pizzas at my local dominoes.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

About as friendly as Aus and apple I'd imagine.

Seems like Ireland might have decent consumer laws? Best of luck anyways OP. I'd encourage you to keep trying with Apple though. Mistakes happen, always a chance someone lost the info or forgot to file it.

9 hours ago, wasab said:

things like these make me want to use a flip phone instead of dropping a grand on something ridiculous. If lost, stolen, or broken, i will just shrug and buy a new one for the price of what i would spend at my local pizzerias instead of crying and raging over it. 

Fun fact: for the price of an iphone X, i can get around 154 medium size, two topping pizzas at my local dominoes.

Flip phone won't perform nearly as well for video watching, won't have the same apps etc though.

All depends on what you need and/or want out of your phone. 

I'm not personally going to drop a grand on a phone, but I'm fine with spending around $500 (AUD) for a good one.

14 hours ago, Schnoz said:

Otherwise:

image.png.0a520b9139035e8cf19550f0bda5a964.png

Android isn't at the same level with iOS when it comes to screenreaders and voice over. I mean Apple had voice over for menu's working 2010 when Android wasn't even feasible OS yet. I have friends, both born blind and with difficult eyesight who use Android daily. All have said that it requires much more knowing what you are doing than just using iOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

For a battery failure causing buldging/swelling, they would most likely replace the unit outright rather than attempt a repair.

Cant with my iCloud linked smh

17 hours ago, Spotty said:

I think the best thing to do would be to visit an Apple store in person and show them the device. If the battery has failed and/or ruptured, it will be fairly obvious.

It sounds as if you've forgotten your iAccount (or whatever it's called) details and are unable to log in to your iCloud account which the device will be linked to, and on top of that the phone has been flagged as lost or stolen... From Apple's perspective you're someone calling up saying you don't know the details of the account linked to the phone which has been reported as stolen and you want Apple to unlock the device for you and either reset the account information, or unlink the account from the phone... For obvious reasons Apple isn't going to do that unless you can prove you're the owner of the device with the purchase receipt which has the device serial number on it.

If you still have the receipt for the phone, make sure to take that with you to the Apple store to show them as they will need to confirm you are the owner of the phone. They may be able to help you recover your account in store if you can prove you're the owner of the phone and can provide details about your account (username/email, name on the account, DOB, etc).

I sent an invoice with the serial on it etc