Should we help LTT clean up the Internet?

Autoism

I've noticed on the WAN show more than once annoying advertisements and popups during my viewership with Linus Tech Tips. If at all possible, could we maybe manage a community element removal list with use of Chrome extensions like Stylus or Tampermonkey?

While this would sort of go against Linus' ethos of not hiding advertising, the reality is that in not blocking certain content from appearing in the WAN show, they're giving companies and products undue free advertising for products they did not consent while getting in the way of stories and subjects, as proven on November 24th, 2019 when a video ad segment in the middle of a benchmark article on Tom's proved a little too distracting to ignore.

Ad blockers could also certainly help, but websites are wary of allowing "Customers" access who use tools which strictly block ads; Otherwise, they could just use such a utility's element blocker to hide ads before they appear in real time unless they can figure out a way to use reader view to avoid the ads.

Uhm... speaking of advertising, not to intentionally shill for a browser but Vivaldi is the Chromium browser made by ex-Opera developers who wanted to provide a power users' browser for people already using Chrome. With 2FA sync between browsers on desktop, the capability to make tab "Stacks" which makes space in the tab bar by having multiple pages occupy the same space in the tab bar and the capability to set pages side-by-side with tab tiling it is a great community-focused browser which can use the vast majority of your favourite Chrome applications, all while providing powerful tab management. Check them out at https://vivaldi.com!

...Yeah see how annoying that advertising crap is? I'm not a big fan of it and I would like to help fix that so future WAN shows aren't being derailed by poor and annoying ad integration. (But I am sure if Linus mastered use of the browser I mentioned it would make the WAN show go that much more smoothly, should he not need to sync between the WAN PC, other PCs and mobile because Vivaldi's sync engine; 2FA or not isn't compatible with Google's servers.)

could you link that WAN show moment pls? Now I wanna see it ^^

Nvm there was a timestamp on youtube :P 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Real quick: Linus could also just hide elements via inspector, but then he has to do that every. Single. Time which is why I would like to offer skills and expertise with third-party tools for hiding the annoying bits all the time so Linus and company doesn't have to piss around with ads they're not making money on.