Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PrimoCache hard drive ssd caching

Go to solution Solved by MadPistol,

According to Romex, it's about 1.5 TB for SSD cache.

https://www.romexsoftware.com/bbs2/en-us/viewtopic.php?t=2547

I've got a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB coming that I'm going to use as a caching layer for basically my entire system. I'll let you know if I have any issues with it.

Currently, I have a 14GB DDR3 RAM and a 128GB PNY SSD as my L1/L2 cache. It works pretty flawlessly, but I want to expand functionality even further.

Hello, I would like some help learning about the limitations of PrimoCache's maximum ssd size, for some background I was planning to upgrade to x570 and the ryzen 3000 series that will be coming sometime next year so I would get a faster cpu and get store mi, the problem with store mi is that it's maximum ssd size is 256gb. Then Linus did the video showing off store mi and then mentioned how much better PrimoCache is, my question is what is PrimoCache's maximum ssd and hdd sizes it can use. I was planning to use a 6tb X300 Toshiba hdd and I'm thinking about going with a 500gb 970 Evo now that I wouldn't be limited by the ssd size. Would that work? Do you think a 250gb 970 Evo would be plenty?

According to Romex, it's about 1.5 TB for SSD cache.

https://www.romexsoftware.com/bbs2/en-us/viewtopic.php?t=2547

I've got a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB coming that I'm going to use as a caching layer for basically my entire system. I'll let you know if I have any issues with it.

Currently, I have a 14GB DDR3 RAM and a 128GB PNY SSD as my L1/L2 cache. It works pretty flawlessly, but I want to expand functionality even further.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x || GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition || Memory: 48GB Corsair 3000mhz DDR4 (22GB PrimoCache) || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 || PSU: EVGA 750-watt Gold