Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seasonic Focus Plus 80+ Gold 850w + Nvidia

Hi! I have a Seasonic Focus Plus 80+ Gold 850w and an EVGA GTX 1070ti SC Black, according to Seasonic problems with the GTX 970 Strix from ASUS and the AMD Vega 64 and Vega 56; will I have any problem at all with my components?
Thanks in advance!

Well you don't have a 970, but a 1070(ti), so you just kinda answered your own question, didn't you?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

Well you don't have a 970, but a 1070(ti), so you just kinda answered your own question, didn't you?

I know they only mentioned the 970, but i want to be sure if i missed something. Thanks for your answer.

Where and when did Seasonic say anything about the problems? Do you have a link?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

The 1070 Ti SC Black is neither the Strix 970, nor is it a Vega 56/64. So no, you shouldn't have issues. Though I am very curious as to why you have an 850W PSU in a single GPU system. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The 1070 Ti SC Black is neither the Strix 970, nor is it a Vega 56/64. So no, you shouldn't have issues. Though I am very curious as to why you have an 850W PSU in a single GPU system. 

It was a gift. How to say no to that PSU? Do you think i should sell it and buy a 650w PSU?

Just now, Leoplate25 said:

It was a gift. How to say no to that PSU? Do you think i should sell it and buy a 650w PSU?

Should be fine, then. 

:)

Not only do you not have a GPU that's affected by the issue, but Seasonic has also fixed the problem on newer revisions of the power supply. So even with a Vega you probably wouldn't have any issues; on a 1070 Ti you definitely won't.

6 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Not only do you not have a GPU that's affected by the issue, but Seasonic has also fixed the problem on newer revisions of the power supply. So even with a Vega you probably wouldn't have any issues; on a 1070 Ti you definitely won't.

Hi! Thanks for your answer. A question: Where can I see my PSU build date/revision? They said that PSU's after January 2018 are ok.

5 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

Hi! Thanks for your answer. A question: Where can I see my PSU build date/revision? They said that PSU's after January 2018 are ok.

That can be very difficult. Again, it wouldn't matter with your hardware, but there seems to have been a small change to the box design around the same time. I had the old, affected version and had it swapped out for a newer one (because I had a Vega GPU and ran into the problem). Here's a pic with the old version on top and the new version below (still in shrinkwrap):

Spoiler

Cbl8NN9.jpg

I can't 100% guarantee the box design changed exactly at the same time as they changed the internals, but at least the new box design confirms it's relatively more recent.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

That can be very difficult. Again, it wouldn't matter with your hardware, but there seems to have been a small change to the box design around the same time. I had the old, affected version and had it swapped out for a newer one (because I had a Vega GPU and ran into the problem). Here's a pic with the old version on top and the new version below (still in shrinkwrap):

Hide contents

Cbl8NN9.jpg

I can't 100% guarantee the box design changed exactly at the same time as they changed the internals, but at least the new box design confirms it's relatively more recent.

Crap! I have the old version! I live in Argentina and it will be a pain in the ass to change the PSU.

2 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

Crap! I have the old version! I live in Argentina and it will be a pain in the ass to change the PSU.

Luckily you have absolutely no need to change it.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Well, i hope it will not present any issues, haha! I kinda dissapointed anyway, it's a premium product and it has these kind of problems. Thanks for you answers!

On 11/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, Sakkura said:

Seasonic's RMA answered me and they offered to send me a modified PCIe cable. What do you think? 

18 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

Seasonic's RMA answered me and they offered to send me a modified PCIe cable. What do you think? 

I dunno, I guess that's fine?

31 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

I dunno, I guess that's fine?

"...we can ship you a PCIe cable that will filter this ripple..."

Hello,

It's a cable for a GTX 970 Strix, not for a 1070Ti. As per your email, it seems that you have a GTX 970 Strix and in this case, we provide a PCIe cable to filter high ripple. If you don't have a GTX 970 Strix or no blackscreen, then no worry to have. Kindly keep us updated by email about this.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ & Troubleshooting - RMA

Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

On 11/25/2018 at 12:41 AM, Seasonic Rep said:

Hello,

It's a cable for a GTX 970 Strix, not for a 1070Ti. As per your email, it seems that you have a GTX 970 Strix and in this case, we provide a PCIe cable to filter high ripple. If you don't have a GTX 970 Strix or no blackscreen, then no worry to have. Kindly keep us updated by email about this.

Thank you.

Hi, Seasonic. I sent some mails about the modified PCIe cable and you or another company representative told me that somebody from the US will send me the cable, i asked by mail about this (if someone had already send me the cable) and i have no answer. Can you tell me if the cable was ship? Thanks!