Similar to M50X recommendations?

spiralfuzion

Looking for headphones similar to m50x in sound and build quality. Need something sturdy i see beyerdynamic being similarly priced and highly reviewed AKG has very nice sets as well but a little pricier . What do you guys recommend? I'm looking to get some new headphones for family so if i can't find anything else i might as well go with the m50x's. Thanks! 

I would highly recommend a pair of AKG K553 MK II or AKG K550 MK III, they are the same headphone the 553 is just the US model. They have elevated bass, the highs aren't sharp like the M50x highs, comfort is higher and detail level is higher. Overall a better headphone and they are build pretty well.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

Looking for headphones similar to m50x in sound and build quality. Need something sturdy i see beyerdynamic being similarly priced and highly reviewed AKG has very nice sets as well but a little pricier . What do you guys recommend? I'm looking to get some new headphones for family so if i can't find anything else i might as well go with the m50x's. Thanks! 

The AKG K92 sounds similar but better than the M50 and costs 1/3 of the price.