Best Home Theater for a decent price?

Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a Home theatre system for a decent price and I'm comparing https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=14650 & https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/AUDOKY00588/Onkyo-SKS-HT588-512-Channel-Home-Cinema-Speaker-Sy

I'm wondering which you would go with or do you know of any better models for a good price?

For $400 I got a Yamaha bundle with a proper 5.1 AVR and some decent, though small, speakers. Pretty happy with it. The AVR and it's features are pretty nice.

I'd only go for the logitech if you're using a PC.

I don't know what the Onkyo is using as an interface... kind of just seems like a speaker bundle.

#Muricaparrotgang

10 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

For $400 I got a Yamaha bundle with a proper 5.1 AVR and some decent, though small, speakers. Pretty happy with it. The AVR and it's features are pretty nice.

I'd only go for the logitech if you're using a PC.

I don't know what the Onkyo is using as an interface... kind of just seems like a speaker bundle.

Was that $400 USD though? 

14 hours ago, Richywilson said:

Was that $400 USD though? 

Yes. From Best Buy.

Actually I got the older model they were phasing out, so I saved about $60. The new model I think has 4k HDR passthrough. Pretty decent little AVR.

#Muricaparrotgang

im for pick a receiver that will do what you want it to do. 5.1,,, 7.1,,, 5.1.2 ..... just the 5.1 dolby's or go 7.1 and atmos.....if using it to connect all equipment to does it have enough hdmi and does it support the tv you have (like 4k or with hdr and such)

and if buying speakers to go to places that display them so you can actually hear what they sound like. then when you find what ones with the sound you like search online to get the cheapest price for them.