Free download of Outcast: Second Contact from Humble Bundle

Delicieuxz

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outcast-second-contact

Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/618970/Outcast__Second_Contact/

Outcast: Second Contact is a 2018 remaster of the original 1999 game, Outcast.

The game is cool, and is widely regarded as a classic and is one of the first 3D open world games. While the remaster's controls have some of the original game's clunkiness, the remaster's visuals are gorgeous.

From what I can tell, the giveaway is not for a Steam or GoG key, and is for either a direct-download or torrent download of the game, which I guess will be a DRM-free copy.

outcast_2114613b.jpg

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

From what I can tell, the giveaway is not for a Steam or GoG key, and is for either a direct-download or torrent download of the game, which I guess will be a DRM-free copy.

It downloads pretty quickly using the direct download. You just use 7 zip to extract it to wherever then just open the exe file to play the game. Runs very well and the way the game begins, it sort of hooks you yet doesn't hold your hand too much. You talk to people til one of them opens a portal to an even bigger world to explore. I found some dude that makes things from stuff you find all over the place. The game is beautiful and seems very overlooked. A possible hidden gem that I played for an hour straight just now. In 1440p the fps does drop a good 50 fps once you reach the bigger world but it seems expected for some reason. It's well optimized and the fps is very stable everywhere you go. No bottleneck of any kind with my i5/1070. 120-160 fps in the beginning stage of the game(I then capped it at 120 using MSI AB to get that 120 stable fps without pushing my GPU to it's max power/usage). Then 70-110 fps once you go through the portal to the bigger open world. I just kept it capped at 120 there and let it do it's thing. It's totally fine to just have no limit on fps if that's how you prefer to play games. But expect 99% power and usage on your GPU. This is completely normal. I just cap my fps at the average fps I get to keep that power/usage relatively in the 80's-90's percent. Just how I play my games. Personal preference I guess.

Totally recommend this game to pretty much anybody. It's a different and surprising experience. Star Trek or Mass Effect fans ul' love it. Maybe some Star Wars fans as well.