torn between a 2015 macbook air and a 2015 15inch macbook pro.

Go to solution Solved by jonrosalia,

the MacBook Pro is a better option the AIR is very underpowered and if you plan on using it for more than basic web browsing its kinda useless and the air had the old non retina display the 2015 pro is retina has 2 thunderbolt 2 ports its better all around and I wouldn't pay more than $300-500 for any used air personally. 

I am going to sell my laptop and get a new macbook. 

Which one should i pick? 

macbook air 2017. (the old one) with 8GB of RAM , 256GB of SSD, 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz   USD$1021

macbook pro 2015 (also the old one) with 16GB of RAM, 256GB of SSD , 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz) with Intel Iris Pro Graphics USD$1612.79 

the reason to get the old macbook air: 

1. it's cheaper, for me to learn web development on it, this machine is just fine.

the reason to get the old macbook pro 15 inch

1. I am gonna use this machine to learn web development. so I need to do some programming works on it. and I want it to last as long as it can. the macbook air is cheaper sure but how long can it last? 3 years? 

So what do you guys think. These are my only options. No windows laptop suggestions please. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

the MacBook Pro is a better option the AIR is very underpowered and if you plan on using it for more than basic web browsing its kinda useless and the air had the old non retina display the 2015 pro is retina has 2 thunderbolt 2 ports its better all around and I wouldn't pay more than $300-500 for any used air personally. 

1 minute ago, jonrosalia said:

many people told me exactly this. thanks for the input! 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.