Sis mirage 3 graphics Windows 10 compatibility

Go to solution Solved by Fred Castellum,

This seems to be a cause of the hardware being too old and not having driver support anymore. =/

Have you tried installing the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode before?

I'm trying to figure out if it is even possible to install this driver on Windows 10, manual .inf installing didn't work and ended up to be with a BSOD, in Windows 7 it's working fine, there are people reporting it to work but obviously not me. 

The installer is a bit tricky and doesn't install properly for unknown reasons. It's saying is missing admin rights when its not.

It's a SiS 672 integrated graphics on a desktop, there is a guy on youtube with a laptop but its method doesn't work, any clues? 

This seems to be a cause of the hardware being too old and not having driver support anymore. =/

Have you tried installing the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode before?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

6 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I'm trying to figure out if it is even possible to install this driver on Windows 10, manual .inf installing didn't work and ended up to be with a BSOD, in Windows 7 it's working fine, there are people reporting it to work but obviously not me. 

The installer is a bit tricky and doesn't install properly for unknown reasons. It's saying is missing admin rights when its not.

It's a SiS 672 integrated graphics on a desktop, there is a guy on youtube with a laptop but its method doesn't work, any clues? 

I had a similar issue with a real old Core 2 Duo system that I wanted to give a second life. You can try disabling driver signature in Windows, but if that doesn't help, like it didn't with me (but has worked for other things), get an ultra cheap but still supported GPU if possible. Like a GeForce 730, just to mention 1 example, but you have others, pick the cheapest. They also designed for small form factor (PCI-E bracket for smaller case is usually included). I mean, it sucks to spend money, of course.. but then again the GPU is from 2006-2007 from a company that doesn't have long support cycle either.

55 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I had a similar issue with a real old Core 2 Duo system that I wanted to give a second life. You can try disabling driver signature in Windows, but if that doesn't help, like it didn't with me (but has worked for other things), get an ultra cheap but still supported GPU if possible. Like a GeForce 730, just to mention 1 example, but you have others, pick the cheapest. They also designed for small form factor (PCI-E bracket for smaller case is usually included). I mean, it sucks to spend money, of course.. but then again the system is from 2006-2007 from a company that doesn't have long support cycle either.

In fact I addressed this issue in the past with an NVIDIA GT 8800 but it's very power hungry, also it is an old system I use only as a server and it's pointless spending money over it, I just needed the graphics drivers for the sleep functionality in order to use Wake On Lan, guess I'll just shut down since WOL works anyway