Who has the slowest car?

Emanbaird

Who on the forums has the slowest car?

I have the Dreaded 2.slow 8v on the MK6 Jetta. which it's 0-60 is around 8.8 seconds with a standard

and it got me thinking, is it really that slow? or have we been spoiled by fast cars? 

It's obviously slower than my Integra GS-R and my first car was a LS1 Firebird, even though the Jetta is the slowest It still feels more than fast enough for just daily driving.

So who really drives the slowest shitbox on here?

inb4 weird flex but ok

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

My Dakota did a staggering 0MPH when its original engine committed sudoku.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, jsonschema said:

I have a two cylinder suzuki import from 1991,it has great mileage but like 50 horsepower.

I've been wanting to import an old honda beat kei car, too bad they are sky-rocketing in value 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

we need a sad react

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 minute ago, Emanbaird said:

we need a sad react

That's okay, she's been resurrected with a transplant. Though, she's not my daily anymore. Now, she's my free day off roader and cramped parking lot truck, as well as being my short range trailer hauler since she maintains a solid 10MPG.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

If you're talking about straight-line speed, my 1992 Toyota Paseo might be a slowest car candidate with its 100hp engine. It's actually really quick when you throw some corners at it though.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

lol definitely not me, I got a BMW 120i

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

40 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I've been wanting to import an old honda beat kei car, too bad they are sky-rocketing in value 

oh yeah i can sell mine for a lot of money.Mostly people want the parts for whatever they own as parts availability is kinda sketchy one has to import parts from India where the stopped producing the same model in 2013.

With the shipping fee etc its expensive to keep this thing running.

10 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

my 1992 Toyota Paseo might be a slowest car candidate with its 100hp engine.

Nah, I have the slowest car belt on lock. Can't go lower than 0hp.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

13 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

amateurs. I dont even own a car

Same. My "car" is 125cc single cylinder doing 6 or so horsepower with a top speed about 90 kmh on perfectly flat road. 0-100 never, 0-50 idk. 

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

14 hours ago, Emanbaird said:

Who on the forums has the slowest car?

I have an old Chevrolet truck that I am building up as a mud bogger.

It goes really slow, as its not running yet.

I also have other vehicles out on the farm, sinking into the ground and rusting. Do those count?

My Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, it is meant to be 100Kw but is really -10 because it sometimes works if you swear at it, in french, waving a baguette and waving a white flag. 

My 78 fiesta. Doesn’t run so it’s pretty slow. Blew second gear in my gto again and my suv’s Fuel pump went out. So they are all pretty slow right now. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 11/22/2018 at 10:08 AM, Drak3 said:

Yeah, I totally hate it when my vehicle's engine gets too addicted to number puzzles to want to run also.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, Emanbaird said:

There are a ton around the DC area, for quite reasonable prices.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/jdm-classic-suzuki-alto/6738409590.html

There is also this

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-suzuki-carry-japanese/6728893920.html

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I have to wonder if either my current car or 1st car is amongst the slowest, if I dare go to the original question of this thread.

I currently have a VW Up! 1.0L, 3 cylinder. 0-60 eventually, rated around 13-14 seconds or so, although it is relatively light from its smaller size so it doesn't suck as much as you think. Don't know what the top speed is. I want to keep my licence. I do know it will be enough to lose that, probably could get to 3 figures mph.

The alternative would be an '88 VW Polo. 1.0L 4 cylinder, but no fuel injection or anything like that. I think it was slower on 0-60 not far below 20s. When I was much younger, and there were far fewer speed traps, I have taken the needle to the opposite end stop. The numbering ends at 100 mph and I was a good amount past that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I used to drive Isuzu Panther (the picture below isn't my car, but my car was like this).

image.png.4327219792f934e1c7dc8cb7a5ddfd9c.png

0-100km/h at around 10s.

I was at 5th gear once and the car was roaring at high RPM and I swear I saw a Toyota Yaris just went pass me like it was nothing.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'm seriously regretting not buying an insight,

but why is it there is a lack of actually slow cars in the united states?

anything doing 0-60 under 10 seconds is almost impossible to find new, correct me if i'm wrong tho, i know of the 1l eco-boost fiesta you can still buy but even that is in rare supply

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard