Water cooling pump and reservoir for old combo

Hi I have a LCS kandalf and I upgraded the case to a Define R6, I put the old gear on the R6, 360 rad on top (does not fit on the front strange dimensions this rad) I have a EKWB Supremacy MX AMD and 13/10mm tubing.

Pump to cpu block to rad back to pump 

Problem with this Pump is the flow is  bad so much that does not push the air out and I can see the fine line of water on the side of the tube and this couses the temps to be really high.

I was thinking on a XSPC X2O 420lph Ion Pump / Reservoir dont know if this is good?

link to the old water gear:

https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00000082

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers

Well you have to put enough water in the loop first in order for the pump to push it around. Unless your pump is a pump/reservoir combo, I would highly recommend getting a reservoir and putting it right before your pump in loop order. This leaves extra room for fluids to collect so you can bleed the system easily

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

4 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Well you have to put enough water in the loop first in order for the pump to push it around. Unless your pump is a pump/reservoir combo, I would highly recommend getting a reservoir and putting it right before your pump in loop order. This leaves extra room for fluids to collect so you can bleed the system easily

I did, filled the reservoir and as the level of water was going down I filled the reservoir again not letting the pump run dry, this is the combo, armor.17.s.jpg

Its very old maybe thats the problem.

Hi Guys is the Enermax ELC good ? I need to replace this pump is really not working any good. had to put he cpu stock temps were geting to 80c with this low flow.

4 hours ago, Xkillerpn said:

Hi Guys is the Enermax ELC good ? I need to replace this pump is really not working any good. had to put he cpu stock temps were geting to 80c with this low flow.

idk about the Enermax line, but in a recent post me and another guy discussed it. and maybe it was that one or a different post that i made that a moderator W-L gave me the info that the XSPC ION pump/res combo is actually quite decent for what you pay.  Also the main point he made, was the Pump was good,  but lacking indepth reviews since its a pump of their own making. Enermax line is based off the successful D5 design. although dont quote me on this, i am just relaying and  haven't confirmed/denied it myself yet.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:20 AM, Xkillerpn said:

Its very old maybe thats the problem.

I think it would be worth testing the pump on the side to see that it its 'working' to normal specs with out a loop even.  

Also the Radiator type/model would  help,  since while not true for all, most dont place a large resistance on the flow of water (although some designs do this)

also since it is 'old'   have you disassembled the cpu block ever?   or cleaned/flushed the radiator?

46 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

I think it would be worth testing the pump on the side to see that it its 'working' to normal specs with out a loop even.  

Also the Radiator type/model would  help,  since while not true for all, most dont place a large resistance on the flow of water (although some designs do this)

also since it is 'old'   have you disassembled the cpu block ever?   or cleaned/flushed the radiator?

Hi, yes I did clean the CPU block properly its running for 3 weeks, Im using De-ionized water with a silver coil. The water exits the pump and fils the tube, goes to the cpu block and just a bit of water comes out, so I think that the Jet plate is bloking the flow so mutch that the pump cant handle it :(. I manage to take out all of the air from the loop but was very hard.

The rad is a very old termaltake one with cooper tubing 

I dont know if I can post this but its a review and it has the rad and pump.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermaltake-Kandalf-Liquid-Cooling-System-Review/Liquid-Cooling-System-Com

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Xkillerpn
typos

11 hours ago, Xkillerpn said:

Thanks for the help.

the pump should move a liter of water in about 7 seconds.

the cpu block should not be restrictive like you think.

atleast according to their own notes

Details

EK-Supremacy MX is a reduced cost variant of EK-Supremacy EVO flagship performance water block, introduced in 2014. It has been designed to lower the production costs yet still offer premium hydraulic- and thermal performance at the best price.

EK-Supremacy MX is a reduced cost CPU water block that fits all modern Intel® LGA-115x and LGA-2011(-3) socket motherboards and comes with pre-assembled, error-preventing mounting mechanism. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time.

EK-Supremacy MX brings exceptional value for the money by providing the best in-class cooling performance.  Built upon the same cooling engine as EK-Supremacy EVO it offer the same great hydraulic performance and almost identical thermal performance. The key features are:

- ultra-high thermal performance -  only slightly simplied copper base allows EK-Supremacy MX to achieve almost the same cooling potential as EK-Supremacy EVO.
- very high-flow design - low hydraulic restricion allows this product to be used in setups using weaker water pumps.
- pre-assembled mounting mechanism - blazing fast installation, especially on Intel® LGA-2011(-3) platform.

Gandalf kits specs (or whatever its called)

30-LCS-Specs.gif

you were running a mixed metal loop and now you are probablly under going galvanic corrosion

since the  'fluid' they recommend to use probably has a corrosion inhibitor

i seriously recommend turning off yourt computer and draining the loop.

you need either a corrosion inhibitor to add, or to buy a 'better' radiator,  if you want to run distilled water and a kill coil you cannot run a mixed metal setup (yes silver and copper/nickle are not the same, but it has to do with noble placement on the periodic chart and aluminum is very reactive compared to those others)

12 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

you need either a corrosion inhibitor to add, or to buy a 'better' radiator,  if you want to run distilled water and a kill coil you cannot run a mixed metal setup (yes silver and copper/nickle are not the same, but it has to do with noble placement on the periodic chart and aluminum is very reactive compared to those others)

Hi, thanks for the help. I think they mean the fins are aluminium because I can see the copper tubing on the top. A better rad will follow in a few weeks.