Cablemod RGB/UV strip control UV from Mobo?

RarisnRovers

@CableMod - How to turn on UV portion of these strip without using the remote? I have my 5 pins directly plugged into my Auros Gaming 7 5 pin header and can control RBG values just fine using Gigabyte Fusion. However, I'm unable to find anywhere that you can switch to UV instead of RGB without using using the remote.

• 2 weeks later...

@CableMod There isn't... I don't see it anywhere and there's no online information about it anywhere. Despite your RGB/UV strip being directly listed on their website for the Aorus Gaming 7, Gigabyte support responded with this -"RGB effect can be set with the software, we have not heard of any option to enabling the UV effect on the LED strip, normally that should be enable by default. Did you checked with Cablemod on how to enable the UV feature on the LED strip?"
Seems like I'm being bounced back and forth but nobody knows >.<
per the picture below, both LED headers are connected and can't be set independently, and nowhere has the option for UV/W control....

no control.png

@RarisnRovers if it isn't in your software then you would need to ask Gigabyte/Aorus about that, we don't have control over their software implementation per board. There should be a portion for direct customization (see photo).

P5_P6(1).jpg

@CableMod Looks like I might just have an outdated or wrong version of RGB fusion because I don't have advanced mode in my software installation. Thanks for the help, much friendlier and more helpful than gigabytes support team, I'll check this out tonight!

@CableMod Finally got a response back from one of my tickets with Gigabyte that actually helped >.< 
Just in case anybody else asks about this - they informed me that their devs disabled the advanced feature in their software right now while they are expanding the devices it's compatible with. They expect the advanced features to be brought back in sometime in Q1 2019.
Cheers!

On 12/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, RarisnRovers said:

@CableMod Finally got a response back from one of my tickets with Gigabyte that actually helped >.< 
Just in case anybody else asks about this - they informed me that their devs disabled the advanced feature in their software right now while they are expanding the devices it's compatible with. They expect the advanced features to be brought back in sometime in Q1 2019.
Cheers!

@RarisnRovers appreciate the update! Helpful information to have both for us, and others who may have encountered this as well. :)

• 2 years later...

Here with the same Problem :( it's 2021 and there is no Option for UV in RGB Fusion 2.0. How am I going to make the UV work ? 

7 hours ago, Almas_GOD said:

Here with the same Problem :( it's 2021 and there is no Option for UV in RGB Fusion 2.0. How am I going to make the UV work ? 

uv works the same as any other color. you can hook it to one of the r g b.

think of it this way the rgb is just 3 voltage adjustable  headers that control 3 different colors. the rgbw has 4 colors.  a red color strip only will use 2 wire an positive and a ground same as uv.

could even hook it to a fan header and use that to adjust the brightness or plug it in at 100% form sata/molex for the psu or do the voltage mode and add a switch for 5v 7v 12v off sata can do 3.3v but there might be an minimum voltage to light up so 3.3v might not work.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

uv works the same as any other color. you can hook it to one of the r g b.

think of it this way the rgb is just 3 voltage adjustable  headers that control 3 different colors. the rgbw has 4 colors.  a red color strip only will use 2 wire an positive and a ground same as uv.

could even hook it to a fan header and use that to adjust the brightness or plug it in at 100% form sata/molex for the psu or do the voltage mode and add a switch for 5v 7v 12v off sata can do 3.3v but there might be an minimum voltage to light up so 3.3v might not work.

I've hooked it to the 5pin RGBW port on my Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming. I bought this LED Strip just because it has UV light maybe by using an older version of RGB Fusion where it is possible to switch on UV mode. I tried the Fan haeder but nothing happend. The LEDs I use are: CableMod WideBeam Hybrid LED Strip 30 cm

Soo I've put +12V on the W of the RGBW and it works :D now I just have to make a Cablemod so the UV always works and i can still change the Light of the RGB 

The White and UV LED portion should interact exactly the same on the Gigabyte boards actually. So the UV should interact with the W portion of the software.