Which build should I choose

lmeneses

Ok, so I have gotten myself into a bit of a predicament. As of right now, I am debating between going with this combo and this one for my Intel options. My main concern is the cheaper one comes with the Asrock z370 killer while the pricier one (by $17) comes with the Asrock z370 Extreme4. Is the motherboard difference worth the extra $17, or should I just bite the bullet and get the more expensive one? Whichever I choose will factor into which monitor I get as well. I'm looking at the MSI Optix and this Acer monitor. Is the MSI one being new and having a curved screen worth the extra $25 as well? Also, will 8gb of ram be fine for this build for now? I will mostly be playing siege, assassin's creed odyssey, pubg, battlefield v, and small indie games. If you guys have any better options, please feel free to share! 

Rest of build: (CPU cooler is temporary) 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Are you going to overclock?

yes, since that is one of the only reasons I'm considering buying from Intel lol 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

8 Gb of ram should be fine it just depends on what your doing with the computer but as of now 8GB should be fine.

I would also go with the slightly more expensive option. If you don’t mind a slightly worse mother board the cheaper one is fine. The more expensive one has more ports to plug things in and is generally just a newer version of the cheaper one. And I don’t see why the choice will change what computer monitor you buy. If your graphics card has an hdmi port it should be fine. It’s better to plug the monitor into the graphics card not the mother board and I’m pretty sure the RX 580 has an hdmi port. And both motherboards support the hdmi ports on graphics card so you won’t have issues there.

Just now, MaxTGG said:

I would also go with the slightly more expensive option. If you don’t mind a slightly worse mother board the cheaper one is fine. The more expensive one has more ports to plug things in and is generally just a newer version of the old one. And I don’t see why the choice will change what computer you buy. If your graphics card has an hdmi port it should be fine. It’s better to plug the monitor into the graphics card not the mother board.

Yea, the monitor I choose is just budget oriented, since I will have less money to purchase it if I go with the more expensive mobo, cpu combo

12 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Yea, the monitor I choose is just budget oriented, since I will have less money to purchase it if I go with the more expensive mobo, cpu combo

I would go with the cheaper monitor cause based on the pages you put they are both 1920x1080 and both are 144Hz it’s mainly just a price and that the expensive one is curved which personally wouldn’t make me want to pay extra money. And what the Hz on a computer means is what the fps will look like. So if your computer is running at 200 fps and the monitor is 144 hz the fps will only appear as 144 fps. So you don’t need a 144 hz you could go for a cheaper 75 hz for about 50 dollars less then the cheaper one. The 75hz will make the game running at 200 fps look like 75 fps. 

53 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

yes, since that is one of the only reasons I'm considering buying from Intel lol 

Uhhhhhh...AMD overclocks fine

9 minutes ago, MaxTGG said:

I would go with the cheaper monitor cause based on the pages you put they are both 1920x1080 and both are 144Hz it’s mainly just a price and that the expensive one is curved which personally wouldn’t make me want to pay extra money. And what the Hz on a computer means is what it will look like if your computer is running at 200 fps and the monitor is 144 the fps will only appear as 144 fps. So you don’t need a 144 hz you could go for a cheaper 75 hz for about 50 dollars less then the cheaper one. The 75hz will make the game running at 200 fps look like 75 fps. 

Yea, I think I'm just going crazy cause of Black Friday lol, but I want 144Hz just cause I've always been stuck at 60Hz. I will probably go with the non-curved one, and I know what refresh rate is but thank you for helping me!

Just now, LeviPC said:

Uhhhhhh...AMD overclocks fine

does it go to 5Ghz tho. I have an ryzen 7 1700x build already, but this is one is for if I decide to go intel

Just now, lmeneses said:

does it go to 5Ghz tho. I have an ryzen 7 1700x build already, but this is one is for if I decide to go intel

Some can go to 5ghz

6 minutes ago, LeviPC said:

Some can go to 5ghz

ehhh, the ones in my price range don't lol

2 hours ago, lmeneses said:

ehhh, the ones in my price range don't lol

I’m also buying a computer soon so i know the mind set you are in rn. Btw you could upgrade the rx 580 to a rx  590 but then you would need to make the power supply a 600 cause that’s the recommended minimum for the rx 590. the rx 590 is new to the graphics card (it came out over a week ago I think) and is better than the 1060.

3 minutes ago, MaxTGG said:

I’m also buying a computer soon so i know the mind set you are in rn. Btw you could upgrade the rx 580 to a rx  590 but then you would need to make the power supply a 600 cause that’s the recommended minimum for the rx 590.

Yea, I would but unfortunately I bought it back when I was new to computers and didn't know when next gen gpus were coming out, so I cannot return it :/

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Yea, I would but unfortunately I bought it back when I was new to computers and didn't know when next gen gpus were coming out, so I cannot return it :/

Rip. Sorry bout that. You could also try and overclock the graphic card and get close to the 590 but idk how that will turn out.

Just now, MaxTGG said:

Rip. Sorry bout that. You could also try and overclock the graphic card and get close to the 590 but idk how that will turn out.

Yea, the gpus base clock is 1425Mhz I belive, so I may try and oc it to 1500 

Just now, lmeneses said:

Yea, the gpus base clock is 1425Mhz I belive, so I may try and oc it to 1500 

My computer is basically just gonna be a newer version of yours not gonna lie but I’m getting my off a website that builds it for you so my is a bit more expensive then if I built it. 

22 minutes ago, MaxTGG said:

My computer is basically just gonna be a newer version of yours not gonna lie but I’m getting my off a website that builds it for you so my is a bit more expensive then if I built it. 

HA, hey man, we all got different budgets, and aw why not build it yourself?

12 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

HA, hey man, we all got different budgets, and aw why not build it yourself?

I don’t trust myself. Like how Linus drops stuff I break things. 

2 minutes ago, MaxTGG said:

I don’t trust myself. Like how Linus drops stuff I break things. 

oh HA, makes sense, I'm just to much of a cheapo to pay for a prebuilt lol 

51 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

oh HA, makes sense, I'm just to much of a cheapo to pay for a prebuilt lol 

Well hopefully you know what you want to do and best of luck with your computer.

2 hours ago, MaxTGG said:

Well hopefully you know what you want to do and best of luck with your computer.

I hope so as well lol and you too!