Lower FPS and performance in my room compared to living room

passtore

I currently have my computer in a Meshify C case in my room directly touching the floor and connected to a socket in my room. That is the natural setup, the computer is directly touching the floor and its cable is connected to the socket in the same room - Ethernet cable, mouse, keyboard, and speakers all plugged in and a display port cable to my 144hz 1080p monitor. The setup for the living room was putting the case on a small table(standing not lying) and connecting the cable to the socket near it which is also in the living room - Just mouse, keyboard and wifi cable plugged in - With an HDMI cable to a 4k tv screen.

Specs: 8700k, asus cerberus gtx 1070 ti, 16x1 16gb 2400mhz c15, asus TUF Z390-PRO GAMING

GPU was tweaked on an OC mode using Asus GPU TweakII with a 416.94 version driver.

For Batman Arkham knight and for Assassin's Creed Origins I used their builtin benchmarking tool, for Hitman 2018 I just played it myself as stated.

Results were better in the living room compared to my own room.

Here are results of FPS(both done in 1080p):

Batman arkham knight, settings - https://i.gya zo.com/516ff1e28ba4e924b2837a9d5084e30c.png -

My room: minimum 75, average 129, maximum 166

Living room: minimum 84, average 130, maximum 180

Assassin's Creed Origins, settings - https://i.gya zo.com/f545116a85cb0e531b436df68b1eb144.png -

My room: minimum 2, average 66, maximum 117

Living room: minimum 5, average 67, maximum 127

I also ran Hitman 2018 on Medium settings without an actual benchmark, just with RivaTuner statistics but it was just a few frames lower in my personal room I think on the Miami line mission for about a a bit more than a minute, about 65-72 FPS I think sometimes over 90 sometimes about 58 I don't fucking know.

I ran user benchmark and while in the living room I got "Performing above expectations (75th percentile)" for my GPU, in my own room I got "Performing below expectations (33rd percentile)".

I'm not sure why this happens, ventilation? Spaciousness? 

I've been thinking that it might be the socket itself? Maybe the one in my room isn't stable, does it sound likely or does it make sense?

Either way, do these results sound reasonable with this hardware?

The average FPS are only one frame apart and you are only comparing a single run. Looks like margin of error to me. If you do 10 runs at each location and take averages of all for min / max / avrg values they should be pretty much the same.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

13 minutes ago, Speakerator said:

The average FPS are only one frame apart and you are only comparing a single run. Looks like margin of error to me. If you do 10 runs at each location and take averages of all for min / max / avrg values they should be pretty much the same.

I'm asking this to eliminate the possibility of environmental limitations as I'm not sure whether these results seem likely given the hardware.