Lower download speeds...

Squanchy

Hey all,

So to start I my internet I pay for is 400 mbps down / 20 mbps up. I unfortunately use wireless, no choice. My adapter I use is the Nighthawk AC1900 wifi adapter (Model: A7000-10000S) Router is the WRT32X.

So The problem I am facing is I for some reason am getting lower download speeds.. Not abysmal, just lower. I should/used to get 350ish mbps down on wifi.. Lately now I am getting 100ish mbps down... My upload has not changed. I have tried moving the router which is only about... 25-30ft in the other room. I have also looked at the surrounding frequencies and changed my 5ghz freq to a lower freq so it isn't interfering with anything... 

With all of that, I am still getting around 100ish mbps.. anyone have other ideas?

Edit: Drivers are up to date as well.

Go plug a laptop in to the router then run speedtest. 

I'm guessing it's just your ISP being slow. Just because you pay for 400 doesn't mean you get 400.

4 hours ago, Atreyix said:

Hey all,

So to start I my internet I pay for is 400 mbps down / 20 mbps up. I unfortunately use wireless, no choice. My adapter I use is the Nighthawk AC1900 wifi adapter (Model: A7000-10000S) Router is the WRT32X.

So The problem I am facing is I for some reason am getting lower download speeds.. Not abysmal, just lower. I should/used to get 350ish mbps down on wifi.. Lately now I am getting 100ish mbps down... My upload has not changed. I have tried moving the router which is only about... 25-30ft in the other room. I have also looked at the surrounding frequencies and changed my 5ghz freq to a lower freq so it isn't interfering with anything... 

With all of that, I am still getting around 100ish mbps.. anyone have other ideas?

Edit: Drivers are up to date as well.

Why would you use wifi when the router is so close to your computer? Just curious.

The connection you pay for have some room for faults, so it can vary a little up and down. However it should get stuck at a low speed. Try with a cable directly in the router, if it consist you should put the router in bridge mode to check if it's the router itself (Remember to have protection on while using your computer directly onto the internet.)