Dead palit 1080ti jetstream fan

Binder

Hi,

One of my fans on my palit jetstream 1080ti died...i can't rma it. Anyone know if i can find replacement fans for this card?

In any case of failure, does the arctic accelero cooler fit this card? 

I'm really bummed out as i can't use the card properly now, it just sits there and i want to solve the problem asap. 

I dont know if the Artic cooler will fit, but if you have some more space in your case you can go with a raijintek morpheus II, which is an awsome cooler on my palit 1080 dual oc.

Thanks for the help.

The jetstream doesn't have the 4 fan configuration like the gamerock premium (its 2 fans, but each is double). Can't be certain if itll fit/work the jetstream. So annoying that its so hard to find a replacement fan...im thinking of just buying 2 120mm ippc 3000rpm noctuas and ghetto strap them on the heatsink...idk. I'm lost. Also, its impossible to remove the shroud/fans without removing the entire cooler. I tried to do it, but i didn't manage to release it despite releasing all the screws that i believe were neccessary. Didn't wanna force it. This crap just makes me sad. Anyone has a solution? 

Why can't you RMA? They have a 2 year warranty on all cards purchased before 1/1/18 and a 3 year warranty after.  The 1080ti was released on 3/10/17... so you still have 4 months of warranty even if you purchased on launch.

You should really call and be more forceful as that warranty is something they have to honor if they are advertising it.

I cant rma it because i bought it used, and RMAing it from where i live (israel) is a pain in the butt...

Ill probably just order a generic replacement or put 2 ippc 3000rpm noctuas and call it a day. 

I already dismantled the cooler.

Thinking whether i should replace the thermal pads as well?  They all stayed nicely on the heatsink, so i believe i can just put them back on as is? They have minor dust residues on them, not sure how much itll affect thermals....also, they'll stay "bare" like shown in the pic (with the cooler dismantled) without creating contact with the pcb till ill get my fans (1-2 weeks i believe). Will that somehow affect thermals? I rather not deal with the pads unless i have to. 

Any idea which thickness i need in case ill replace them?  Thanks. 

20181121_103820.jpg

Small bump. If i can't reuse the pads, any recommendation on what to order? Brand, thickness, amount etc? 

• 2 years later...

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I also have this card and I can't seem to find anything about it online so I'm just going to pray OP sees this.

So I've had this card for almost 4 years and I wouldn't mind repasting it but I can't find information about what thermal pads to get, just like OP.
Also, I was wondering if there's a way to de-shroud the card without completely disassembling it.

OP I hope you see this, you might be my last hope😢