Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hardware Monitor by CPUID crashing?

I've always used Hardware Monitor to check my temps, like most nerdy tech guys, but after installing my brand new machine, every time I try to boot up Hardware monitor, it always freezes, then crashes and never fully starts up. I installed the version of it that's a regular program, not the portable version. Is there a reason for this? I am running an AMD Ryzen 2 2700 processor and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus ROG X470-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeances RGB 32GB 3000Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, _Grid21 said:

I've always used Hardware Monitor to check my temps, like most nerdy tech guys, but after installing my brand new machine, every time I try to boot up Hardware monitor, it always freezes, then crashes and never fully starts up. I installed the version of it that's a regular program, not the portable version. Is there a reason for this? I am running an AMD Ryzen 2 2700 processor and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

yes, you probably have very fast drive like nvme. You need to delay in the task scheduler the startup of HWInfo.

12 minutes ago, Franck said:

yes, you probably have very fast drive like nvme. You need to delay in the task scheduler the startup of HWInfo.

Actually, I have a standard HDD 7200RPM. So it has to be something else.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus ROG X470-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeances RGB 32GB 3000Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Actually, I have a standard HDD 7200RPM. So it has to be something else.

try it anyway. i had fatal error until i delayed mine 30 seconds. Some libraries seems to not be loaded yet since it boot to windows screen in less than 15 seconds

15 minutes ago, Franck said:

try it anyway. i had fatal error until i delayed mine 30 seconds. Some libraries seems to not be loaded yet since it boot to windows screen in less than 15 seconds

How does one delay a boot up for a program such as Hardware Monitor. Please note, I am talking about the one made by CPUID. 

EDIT: I figured out what it was, it was the Asus AI Suite 3 conflicting with Hardware Monitor.

• 3 years later...

I don't have that Asus AI stuff, but my HWMonitor is still crashing 😞

On 5/8/2022 at 12:06 PM, sonicfelipemt said:

I don't have that Asus AI stuff, but my HWMonitor is still crashing 😞

This thread is 3 years old. HWmonitor has had plenty of updates since then. Please don't reply to such old threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv