Can anyone give me a suggestion for a type of game thats easy to make and can impress a girl.

TLDR: i wanna make a cute, yet funny game for a girl. Dont wanna pull my brains out of frustration, so i just want it to be simple. The simpler the better.

My idea was something like a cookie clicker, anyone else got an idea? 

Does she even like games? It seems like an odd way to impress a girl. I can think of many, many others that'd work with less work and get a better result.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Does she even like games? It seems like an odd way to impress a girl. I can think of many, many others that'd work with less work and get a better result.

I tried a simple python command that didnt even require input or anything. And that impressed her sooo much, it gave me the fuzzy feeling inside if ya know what i mean. And yes she is a tik-tok epic gamer girl so she would understand, she isnt really a generic white teen which is why im gonna make a game.

28 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

TLDR: i wanna make a cute, yet funny game for a girl. Dont wanna pull my brains out of frustration, so i just want it to be simple. The simpler the better.

My idea was something like a cookie clicker, anyone else got an idea? 

Tic-Tac-Toe, Snake, Tetris (just because it is super well documented), and just about any mass produced games that you see everywhere.

- Moved to Programming -

She is impressed because she already likes you (or playing with you, if she hates you and makes to make a fool out of you, but that is up to you in knowing her sarcasm). If she doesn't like you, you can make The WItcher 3 by yourself and she will not be impressed. Don't fake, be yourself.

11 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Tic-Tac-Toe, Sake, Tetris (just because it is super well documented), and just about any mass produced games that you see everywhere.

- Moved to Programming -

She is impressed because she already likes you (or playing with you, if she hates you and makes to make a fool out of you, but that is up to you in knowing her sarcasm). If she doesn't like you, you can make The WItcher 3 by yourself and she will not be impressed.

hahahhahaahhaha, if only i had the power to run the witcher 3 lol. Hey, i havent been good with girls in my life, and she feels nice, i know her sarcasm and i know she is impressed. I really wanna give back to her because she is such a pure, funny and awesome girl to just talk to. I really respect that since shes the only one who does that to me, and i appreciate it. I wanna give back you know? Also thx for the suggestions, but i dont have any space to introduce any easter eggs, like in cookie clicker i can display text when she gets to example 10 or 69 or whatever. In tetris i dont really have an idea where i would put that in. I wanna make the game for her, not just tetris without any context. if that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

hahahhahaahhaha, if only i had the power to run the witcher 3 lol. Hey, i havent been good with girls in my life, and she feels nice, i know her sarcasm and i know she is impressed. I really wanna give back to her because she is such a pure, funny and awesome girl to just talk to. I really respect that since shes the only one who does that to me, and i appreciate it. I wanna give back you know? Also thx for the suggestions, but i dont have any space to introduce any easter eggs, like in cookie clicker i can display text when she gets to example 10 or 69 or whatever.

Easter Eggs are supposed to be hard to find (or in front of you, but you design in such a way where is a difficult to see without analysis every frame, like what Pixar movie do). You have to expect that she will never find it, and she has no idea that there is one, and that is part of the fun (for you).

Some Easter eggs in games more than 30 years ago are recently found.

In tetris i dont really have an idea where i would put that in. I wanna make the game for her, not just tetris without any context. if that makes sense.

I don't know.. Score? Trigger a special move, like clear 2 rows 3 times in a row.

Or you know, you can make your own game and learn something at the same time... YouTube is filled with Unity tutorials and such. If you are in into gaming, and want to do a career in this, than now you get a double win, and you get to impress your future employer.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Easter Eggs are supposed to be hard to find (or in front of you, but you design in such a way where is a difficult to see without analysis every frame, like what Pixar movie do). You have to expect that she will never find it, and she has no idea that there is one, and that is part of the fun (for you).

Some Easter eggs in games more than 30 years ago are recently found.

I don't know.. Score? Trigger a special move, like clear 2 rows 3 times in a row.

Or you know, you can make your own game and learn something at the same time... YouTube is filled with Unity tutorials and such. If you are in into gaming, and want to do a career in this, than now you get a double win, and you get to impress your future employer.

Ohhh yeah score, and yeah i wanna become a game designer, thats why im doing this, i get to empress a girl i love and learn something I love. You say start with unity? Anything else? something the very first thing you would recommend to a beggener. But don't picture me that low, i have learnt python and html so i have some experience in programming atleast.

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

You say start with unity?

Oh, I am no game designer or game developer. I am a software developer. I know nothing about gaming. I don't know your knowledge level, and I don't know Unity. Just saying an example.

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

But don't picture me that low, i have learnt python and html so i have some experience in programming atleast.

HTML is a markup language, not programming.

Learn C# (will also help you learn Java and C/C++ which you can learn later on). Usually Java is thought in school instead as it is cross platform, used more than C# in the industry, but for Unity you need C# if I am not mistaken.

Unity is a good one to start, or also UE4 can be pretty straightforward with tutorials. I know when I was messing around with game design in HS UE4 was nice because I didn't actually know any code languages and the visual "coding" of blueprints is pretty straightforward if you can at least get the logic behind code. As for what's easy to learn, I'd say figure out what kind of games you want to make in general then figure out how to make those. Most types of single player experiences are gonna be easy enough to learn how to make a proof of concept although it will take a lot of time to make them look really polished. Either engine Unity or UE4 are good to start on and have lots of free assets out there, as well as some paid ones so you don't even have to know how to model to get started.

Something easier would be to in Javascript and html5 , maybe using the canvas element that's new in html 5  ,, and you can run the game in browser (get a free host or buy a domain with free hosting and upload the html and javascript and you give your girl the link)

For example, here's tetris with the souce code included : https://codeincomplete.com/posts/javascript-tetris/

You can take that source code and modify it to include an easter egg or add some quirk

Or maybe think of something like the classic snake ,  see  https://hjnilsson.com/2018/03/31/snake-in-pure-html-part-1/ or http://zetcode.com/javascript/snake/

Could even go as far as making something addictive like agar.io : https://agar.io/#ffa but with your own spin on it

find out her favorite game and make a meme parody of all her favorite things..

i.e. if she likes doge, replace all character heads with doge

edit: plus its easy cuz all you have to do it look at game, do that, repeat

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Flappy bird 

tenor.gif

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´