New build shuts down 2 sec after POST

performation

Hey guys, I need some crowd wisdom:

To make a long story short, I am not able to boot any OS on my new build. I tried my old Windows 10 SSD, a new Windows 10 USB stick and even an Ubuntu stick. None of them work, in every case the system shuts down after 0-3 seconds after loading the bootloader. No error message, no sound. Reboots automatically into BIOS afterwards. So most of the time I can see the Windows or Ubuntu loading screen for about a seconds before it shuts down. RAM and CPU are correctly listed in BIOS.

I have already tried to:

remove all non essential components, including graphics card

flashed new BIOS

BIOS reset

USB sticks work on a different PC

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC with i7-7800k and 16GB RAM

Two things I am not sure about: This was the first time I installed an M.2-SSD. Anything I could have done wrong here? BIOS detects it correctly.

Also, the board has two CPU power-connects, 8 and 4 PIN. I only connected the 8 PIN since my PSU doesn't have an additional 4 PIN power cord. I have read that this sould be no problem. On the other hand, a hard shutdown as soon as the CPU gets something to do might be a power problem? The manual doesn't specify anything special here.

Any ideas for any possible causes or ways to troubleshoot? Thanks!

What temp is your CPU running at? Do you have a dedicated GPU or onboard? Are their fans spinning? Is the CPU cooler properly mounted and secured?

I have a dedicated graphics card, but I also tried with onboard graphics, same problem. CPU cooler is mounted properly and secured, all fans running. CPU temp is between 30-40 °C. Does seem a little high, I will uninstall the cooler and have a look if I forgot to remove any plastics, would be very surprised if so.

Okay, so the CPU cooler is installed correctly, thermal paste and no plastics in between. And I think although 40 degrees may be a bit high it shouldn't force a shutdown. Has anybody ever had the CPU power pin problem I described earlier?

Hm found a solution: I enabled legacy booting mode, after that I could boot from my USB stick and everything went normal. I disabled legacy booting afterwards, did a clean installation of Windows and now everything works. Thanks for the help.