970 EVO or 860 EVO FOR INSTALLED GAMES??

Hi ,I'm a gamer , I love Call of Duty ,Rainbow Six Siege and many other games ,but I dont know to much about performance and this kind of stuff , That's why I'm here asking u guys ,the thing is i want to get another ssd for my PC, I already have the M.2 960 evo 256gb with the OS and some game installed on it ,i want to buy another ssd to separate the OS from the installed games ,I think will be good to my PC performance ,  I accept comments about this!! If I'm ok I need you guys to help me to choose between the M.2 970 evo and the ssd 860 evo , my motherboard have 2 M.2 slots so I'm not worry about slots. My question is:

Is M.2 better than regular SSD to have the installed games on it, I will have better performance with the M.2 or with the SSD? 

I hope you guys understand me ,thanks 

Some m.2 drives is made with the NVMe interface which allows for much faster transfer speeds. In some games this can aid in faster loading times, however the drawback is that this type of SSD is generally more expensive than normal SATA SSDs in terms of price per GB. In this case I would also suggest buying a larger SATA SSD to store games on.

Edited by Uptivuptiz
Me and my spelling mistakessss....

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, m.2 is a formfactor. nvme is a standard for speed. but I keep on with my recommendation

5 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Some m.2 drives is made with the NVMe interface which allows for much faster transfer speeds. In some games this can aid in faster loading times, however the drawback is that this type of SSD is generally more expensive than normal SATA SSDs in terms of price per GB. In this case I would also suggest buying a larger SATA SSD to store games on.

Not sure if there is actually anygame that benefits from the NVME drive over the SSD within the margin of a few seconds.

Just now, Shimejii said:

Not sure if there is actually anygame that benefits from the NVME drive over the SSD within the margin of a few seconds.

answer: not any big titles as far as I know

Just now, Shimejii said:

It depends on how the save-game system works for that game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

It depends on how the save-game system works for that game.

Yeah but thats just so game specific and even then, its almost always like " This game loaded in 22 seconds, while sata did it in 25! Thats not a noticeable enough difference to warrant a NVME. NVME should be for prof work only, because 99.8% of users simply dont benefit from it. 

Just now, Shimejii said:

Yeah but thats just so game specific and even then, its almost always like " This game loaded in 22 seconds, while sata did it in 25! Thats not a noticeable enough difference to warrant a NVME. NVME should be for prof work only, because 99.8% of users simply dont benefit from it. 

True, the difference is almost nothing and for most people the it doesn't matter. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯