What is the Difference Between Corsair ML and LL Series?

DarwinRobertBeam

Hello, I am trying to get a good looking pc, but now matter where I search, I can’t find a visual comparison of the Corsair LL and ML series. Are ML just the same with magnetics, or is there a visual difference?

if there is a difference, which one is better, and how do I get a water cooler that matches said series of fans???

3 minutes ago, DarwinRobertBeam said:

Hello, I am trying to get a good looking pc, but now matter where I search, I can’t find a visual comparison of the Corsair LL and ML series. Are ML just the same with magnetics, or is there a visual difference?

if there is a difference, which one is better, and how do I get a water cooler that matches said series of fans???

Welcome to the Forums!

The ML series only have the hub/blades of the fans which are lite up where the LL series have both the hub/blades and the outer frame. For a cooler as long as they are compatible with the size of fan 120mm, 140mm they should work. 

Some thing now one bothers to ever bring up is the size difference.....   LL fans are considerably smaller than ML fans..  NOT mounting but the actual fan blade size....

But....the LL's have 2 extra blades.... 9 smaller blades in total.

The ML's have 7 blades much larger.

Both fans cool well... but achieve it in different ways.

Visually the  ML's don't light up as nice as the LL's .  But from my own experience the LL's don't seem move as much air over the very outer cores of each side of the radiator as well as the ML's..  my testing was only from a  visual point and it's still some thing i'd like to spend more time on.

The LL's are approx 99 mm from edge to edge

The ML's are  approx 109 mm from edge to edge 

IMG_20181120_225743-M.jpg

IMG_20181120_225624-M.jpg

Using the verny's it's easier to see the difference.

IMG_20181120_225624-M.jpg

IMG_20181120_225649-M.jpg

For matching AIO i would personally go with the new  Corsair  The CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i RGB PLATINUM

And match a 120 ML RGB rear fan.

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2018 at 12:16 AM, DarwinRobertBeam said:

So, from Corsair's website:

140mm LL fans: up to 1300 RPM, 25dBA 51.5 CFM
140mm ML fans: up to 1200 RPM, 20.4 dBA, 55.4 CFM

tl:dr their LL fans spin faster make more noise while cooling less than their ML fans.