Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have internet but download apps don't

xDylanio

Okay so basically saturday my internet went out, I scheduled the technician from my ISP to come and fix it, so today he comes and everything is fine, internet gets back to work and I can use games like fortnite. Basically all is well, until I realize that if my devices can't connect to the wifi (pc was using ethernet) so I do all the troubleshooting steps such as, restarting modem, resetting modem etc... when all of a sudden my pc start loading webpages slowly, and some wouldn't even load. I try going on origin and it says I am offline. I restart my pc and then the only websites that load are google and youtube, they work as if normal but some websites and things such as steam, epic launcher, origin, minecraft don't have internet connection. It says that I am offline. So I called my ISP and they did the normal procedure and troubleshooting. Out of the blue my laptop (mac) connects to the wifi for some reason, but on my phone it still said "Obtaining IP adress" and the wifi did not work. Then I check my PC and it does not have internet anymore, so I restart the modem and my laptop wifi stops working but my pc can now load all the websites (some slower than others) and things downloaded such as origin, steam, minecraft, epic launcher doen't have an internet connectiom.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I have no idea what to do, I already have appointment tomorrow but I want to know if anyone has experienced this before. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

Can you measure download speed on pc?
That should be your modem problem, try to call them again and ask them to replace a modem.

1 hour ago, uzivkovic997 said:

Can you measure download speed on pc?
That should be your modem problem, try to call them again and ask them to replace a modem.

The download speed is 12 and upload is 100. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d