Should I have everything plugged into the Amp first, then plug the power in?
What could cause the sparking? It's never done that before.
I'm pretty sure I had the ground in and everything. It's super dark out now so I packed everything up tonight.
The way that I have always gone at it is having everything plugged into the amp then hooking up the amp to the power. And from what it sounds like, it just jumped from the wire to the connector, not terribly uncommon but defiantly always still gives me a jump no matter how small the sparks are, which is most likely the reason your fuse blew since power jumping like that tends to be pretty "dirty" power and can cause surges in lines.