8ms response time for gaming?

FatJay

You'll be right. 8ms is pretty small anyway.

Here is an in depth review of the monitor:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2715h.htm

So you can be the judge.

In my opinion, if you don't play high speed competitive FPS games, it's ACTUAL response time is very good for gaming.

I also urge you to read:

Because "on the box" response time figures are essentially lies.

In short, the manufacture pick 2 shares of gray of their choice, and measure how much time it takes to pass from one to the other. So it is normal that 2 shades of gray very close to each other will switch faster than say, white to black. The way the manufacture measure depends on the model of the monitor. Dell is being closer to reality. But some monitor manufacture say 1ms, but is really 15ms. So be aware.

My only complain is that it is a 2015 monitor. So unless you have a good price, you can probably find the new models

8ms shouldn't be too big of anything to you if you don't play competitively. 

geen slechte keuze?

but for many 8 ms is a little much, for some at least. I game on a tv. and for that price there should be something better

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

geen slechte keuze?

but for many 8 ms is a little much, for some at least. I game on a tv. and for that price there should be something better

I agree, for the price, this monitor is garbage. I feel like with a little research you could find a way better-looking monitor as well as a monitor that has better features. This monitor is overpriced for what it is.

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8750H RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Since its only 60hz, yes, it's fine since every frame is displayed for 16ms meaning in worst case scenario it takes half a frame for the pixels to fully change. Unless your specifically looking for it under unrealistic situations, you're not going to notice it 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

It's a shit TN panel....

really? they list it as a va. strange...

2 minutes ago, FatJay said:

Isn't freesync only for AMD cards?

it is. but the one you listed didn't have gsync either.

5 minutes ago, FatJay said:

Isn't freesync only for AMD cards?

What monitor are you looking for.

Do you want color accuracy? Do you want performance? (you can't have both, unless you have deep pockets)

What genre of games do you play?

If you do get a 120-144Hz monitor, keep in mind that in order to get your money worth, you need the GPU power to play games at 120-144fps... most plays games at med to low settings to achieve this on the latest games. But they tend to play competitively, and so don't care about visuals. If you can barely push 60fps in games, then a 120Hz/144Hz won't really help you, is my point.

I think answering these basic questions will help people here finding you the best monitor.

dell ultrasharps are amazingly... not for gaming.

you wont notice the response time if you're not some sort of superhuman creature, but that doesnt make it a good deal, because these things focus on all the features gamers dont need.

- owner of a dell 4K ultrasharp.