Should I get new ram?

Jakewallin
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,

It is definitely easier to hit higher clocks on B die with ryzen so to some extent yes. If you can return the kit and get the other one instead I would say go for it. 

Hello thanks for reading this, I have been having some trouble with my new ram. 
Ryzen 2700x

GTX 1070

X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

2TB Hdd

512gb samsung 860 evo ssd

16 gb (8x2) 3200mhz ram -https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-3200MHz-F4-3200C16D-16GVKB/dp/B015FXXBW0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542651622&sr=8-4&keywords=16gb+ddr4+ram+3200mhz

So my problem is, I used to have ram clocked at 2666mhz, it was ballistix LPX ram, but when I switched over to this new ram all of my games started to freeze. I though it was a power issue at first being I have a 650w power supply but that should be plenty, so I started researching on what the problem might be. I found that the cpu on supports up to 2933mhz clock speed on d-die ram. To try and fix it before turning to this forum, I updated the bios to F3,. My question is that if I get b-die ram, 3200mhz, would I be able to use that speed without my pc crashing or games crashing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask me about my pc. If I were to get ram I would get this as it is d-die and is compatible with Ryzen https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Flare-288-Pin-Memory-F4-3200C14D-16GFX/dp/B06XFT7DF9/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1542648041&sr=8-5&keywords=ryzen+ram+3200. I just hope that this new ram would solve my problem and allow me to utilize the new clock speed. Thanks for you help, -Jake

It is definitely easier to hit higher clocks on B die with ryzen so to some extent yes. If you can return the kit and get the other one instead I would say go for it.