Sapphire radeon rx vega 56 on deal vs gtx1070ti not on deal.

Bumpy master
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

The difference between Vega 56 and 1070 Ti is small, you'd never notice it in the real world (well, apart from some games running significantly better on Nvidia, and others running significantly better on AMD). The difference Freesync will make is definitely bigger, so the Vega 56 is the better card for your setup.

Hello everyone,

I'm making my first pc build, i've been watching a lot of videos and realized that the vega 56 its preatty much the same as the 1070ti, only slightly worst (?) 

recently i found a deal on vega 56 for 365 eur intead of 500, so i was wondering if i should take it as it would be a good addition to my amd freesync monitor, 

my objective is to game at 144hz on 1920x1080p. 

I have a ryzen5 2600 which i may or may not oc to 4.1ghz with stock cooler, 3000mhz 16gb ram cl16, 250 gb samsung sdd, 650W 80 plus bronze coolermaster

psu, and x370 msi gaming plus [that to my surprise didn't require a bios update(felt like mentioning it)]

My point is, is vega 56 good with this system? is the difference between vega 56 and 1070 ti that big that i shouldn't take the 120~eur diff ? i believe it would be

for the best as a 1070ti doesn't seem that better, plus the amd freesync is also appealing, and the cheapest 1070ti i found from a retailer it's around 480eur ...

can i get some opinions?

Thanks,

Ricardo Fernandes

Edit: the card more specifically is a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB

(1)Damn that 56 at 500 is really overpriced.

(2)the sapphire version of the card that you are buying isn't that good on thermals, you won't be able to do much overclocking on it.

(3)If freesync is a big deal for you, I'd say you go for the 56.

(4)A 1070ti overclocks much better than a 56 and has much greater performance potential.

Thanks, hope this helped?

The difference between Vega 56 and 1070 Ti is small, you'd never notice it in the real world (well, apart from some games running significantly better on Nvidia, and others running significantly better on AMD). The difference Freesync will make is definitely bigger, so the Vega 56 is the better card for your setup.