Looking for 1080p 1ms 144hz ips monitor

richbutpoor

Hey Guys,

I am looking at buying a monitor that is able to handle 1080p 144hz 1ms and perferably ips. However I have noticed not that many ips monitors come with 1ms but TN monitors do, what are your guys thought on TN Monitors?

none, IPS monitors come with 1ms responsetime. you can get VA panel which sits sort of between TN and IPS as it offer better image quality than TN and it has 1ms responsetime, but it is not as pretty as IPS (generally).

TN is good for high refresh gaming, though i personally preffer IPS as i dont mind the slight difference in responsetime. also when watching movies/anime/videos TN isnt great.

16 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

none, IPS monitors come with 1ms responsetime. you can get VA panel which sits sort of between TN and IPS as it offer better image quality than TN and it has 1ms responsetime, but it is not as pretty as IPS (generally).

TN is good for high refresh gaming, though i personally preffer IPS as i dont mind the slight difference in responsetime. also when watching movies/anime/videos TN isnt great.

I see, I went into the store and found that I like ips panels and ones that are led and ips, but still trying to get my rig sorted for 1080p 60fps gaming and streaming/recording. Not sure what graphics card to get with a 2700x as I can't get a 1080ti in my country as they are EOL apparently, 1070 & 1080 have vrm issues so left with either a 1060 6gb or 1070ti which is like another $400, 1060 roughly cost $500 in my country. If you have any input I would highly appreciate it. CHeers.

1 minute ago, richbutpoor said:

I see, I went into the store and found that I like ips panels and ones that are led and ips, but still trying to get my rig sorted for 1080p 60fps gaming and streaming/recording. Not sure what graphics card to get with a 2700x as I can't get a 1080ti in my country as they are EOL apparently, 1070 & 1080 have vrm issues so left with either a 1060 6gb or 1070ti which is like another $400, 1060 roughly cost $500 in my country. If you have any input I would highly appreciate it. CHeers.

dont know of the price situation, but take a look at used cards. the mining graze is over and you can probably pick up a used 1070 for quite cheap. other used cards are r9 290x which should be quite cheap and R9 Nano/fury/fury x though those usually cost a bit extra. 

if you are still at the store, take a look at Samsung Panels as those are usually VA panels.