Ryzen 5 1600 and GA-AB350 question.

Dxer

My first post here.  I am enjoying the videos Linus!  :)  

I have been building computers for myself since about 1991.  I always tried to push them a bit.  Now that I am getting older, I am have not been keeping up

with the latest and greatest.   

So last year I built this Ryzen 5 1600.  16gb Corsair Vengence 3000mhz.  GTX1060 3gb version.  Musking 500gb SSD and about 6TB of mechanical space.  All shoved

into my aging Cooler Master HAF X case.  Upgraded from an Intel I5 2500K and GTX660TI which had been loyal to me for about 6 years.  

I kind of want to push this a bit more.  I had been running this stock with a stock cooler that came with the chip.  My stepson bought a Ryzen 7 1700x system for me to put

together for him.   After building it, I decided to take another look at mine.  So I purchased a Corsair H115i Pro RGB AIO cooler which appears to be working okay I believe.  I haven't

really stress tested it yet other than the stress test in CPU-Z and CPU temps stall out at about 62C according to HWMonitor (how accurate is this software?).

The problem I am having right now is my RAM speed is stuck at 2166mhz no matter what I change in the BIOS.  The board does recognize and does have a XMP profile

for the RAM.   The profile sets the RAM to Corsair specs as far as voltage and timings go.  But when I boot the system it will still revert back to 2166mhz instead of the 

profiles 2966mhz.  

So should I try a BIOS update?  Or maybe I just have faulty RAM.   

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

Monitors: LG 34" Ultrawide    Samsung 28" 4k

5 minutes ago, Dxer said:

So should I try a BIOS update?  Or maybe I just have faulty RAM.   

Yes you should update bios.Ryzen has ram compatibility issues.Mobo manufactures validates ram and pushes bios updates for ram compatibility frequently for amd mobos.

Just an update.

I flashed the Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 board to the F10 bios and now the system is running the RAM at 2966mhz.  I will test stability and report back if I find any issues.

Just documenting the problem for anyone else having similar issues.

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

Monitors: LG 34" Ultrawide    Samsung 28" 4k