Thanksgiving Trip Laptop?

Hey guys lol
I didnt think I would really ever want a gaming laptop but I was thinking about getting one in time for my Thanksgiving trip this Wednesday because I'm dumb and last minute, but I've hardly ever done much research into gaming laptops so I was hoping some people could point me in kind of the right direction with it
My current build has an Intel i5 6500, AMD RX 480, and 16 GB of RAM so I'd like to obviously find something with power like that but I can't go into the thousands range really so I can accept the possibility of that not happening, especially with how graphics card prices have changed since I initially built it (and i probably dont need that much ram lmao)
1 TB storage Would be Good but again idk what I'm going to have to sacrifice to fit the price range, its not really a big deal if I have to use external drives or anything I guess,,
The computer's main purpose is just to load up with a couple of games and run them when im on vacation, and when im not on vacation to just be a school computer with a game or two I can play during downtime.

I KNOW I should probably wait until black friday to buy anything but here I am anyway

Where are you from? Budget? Only for gaming? Any preference on weight and battery life? Are you OK with low sRGB display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Only for gaming? Any preference on weight and battery life? Are you OK with low sRGB display?

United States Florida, ~800$, no weight and battery preference just as long as the cooling is ok, dont need amazing color accuracy but it would be nics since I do some art

14 hours ago, jacdhalina said:

United States Florida, ~800$, no weight and battery preference just as long as the cooling is ok, dont need amazing color accuracy but it would be nics since I do some art

HP Omen 15 dc (customize)

Lenovo Legion Y530 (customize)

Dell G5 - low sRGB IPS, a bit bulky

Eluktronics NB50TK1

Or tell me what you've found during Black Friday

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128