kryonaut vs conductonaut

Whats the best out of Kryonaut vs Conductonaut? 

Looking to buy one or the other for both my i7 6700k (Cooled by h100i v2) and my MSI 1080ti 

Thanks 

Kryonaut is going to be your best bet unless you really want to do liquid metal

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Kryonaut is going to be your best bet unless you really want to do liquid metal

Can you put liquid metal on top of the heat spreader or will it melt it? (Gallium doesn't react well) 

1 minute ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Can you put liquid metal on top of the heat spreader or will it melt it? (Gallium doesn't react well) 

If I remember right you can but I would be worried about it possibly getting pushed out from there and ending up somewhere else once you apply the cooler. I'm using Kryonaut on my GPUs and I have the CPU delidded but Kryonaut on top and it's working well so far :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

even when applied properly  Liquid metal will have to be maintained (higher the heat load the faster to replace)  

People say use it with Nickle-plated blocks to slow down the effect/ prevent 'staining'  

But Gallium and this state will still react with virtually all metals, the separating factor is how much/ how badly.  

With a copper block. as it amalgamates. the once reddish/orange copper base is 'tarnished' or stained  by some people opinion  as it joins the copper at a micro sub structure level.  leaving a  spot that appears like a plated section, but is not the same.

You can do this between the cpu and heatsink, but really its much more effective to replace the internal TIM with liquid metal (delidding)  the IHS can help contain the LM and help prevent shorts/failures if prepared properly

Where it 'really' matters is as follows.

Use LM TIMs for ambient cooling .. be it air cooling or water loops.

Use Ceramic TIMs for sub zero cooling.

So Conductanout is LM, best used with ambient cooling methods.

Krynaught is a ceramic TIM and designed for subzero cooling.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you gotta ask you're not ready for liquid metal application.

Stick with Kryonaut, it's a fantastic thermal paste.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"