Windows 10 1809 November update issues

Mohammed2935

1. Clock doesn't work correctly manually nor automatically, I have to change the setting to time.nist.gov which I never had to do.

2. System devices drivers doesn't update smoothly, black screens takes longer time while updating the drivers. Maybe because Nvidia driver is installed.

3. Driver booster 6 downloads the latest updates and then stuck while updating the drivers as well, it installs the same drivers again and again, a lot of black screen. because of NVidia driver.

4. I have to change the audio from 5.1 surround to stereo every time I install 1809 October or November update. 1803 always select the right audio setting which is stereo. I noticed it because the game were missing sounds effects.

Installed clean windows 10 1809 November update on new SSD.

Some of these problems wasn't in 1809 October update which is very weird.

Windows 10 version 1809 is the October 2018 Update.

The "November Update" is version 151

1. Clock doesn't work correctly manually nor automatically, I have to change the setting to time.nist.gov which I never had to do.

I had to change the automatic clock adjust to others many times in the past version of Windows, it really depends on which one is over used.

If the clock manually does not work, and you have the same issue in the BIOS/UEFI, then you need a new BIOS/UEFI battery for the motherboard. Happens, they don't last forever.

2. System devices drivers doesn't update smoothly, black screens takes longer time while updating the drivers. Maybe because Nvidia driver is installed.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with "System devices drivers", but if you screen goes blank, it means that the GPU driver is restarting. This can be because the chipset is being updated which forces a reload of all PCI device drivers, or the the graphics card drivers is being updated so you have no image as the driver is being reloaded. That said, Nvidia has been shown to have issues with stuff that they love to include but you can remove: GeForce Experience, and Vision 3D (which gets installed even if no one has the glasses, let alone no one makes the display needed. So remove those, restart and see if there is improvements). And of course, make sure all your drivers are full updates, this includes: audio, SATA controller, printer and so on.

3. Driver booster 6 downloads the latest updates and then stuck while updating the drivers as well, it installs the same drivers again and again, a lot of black screen. because of NVidia driver.

I don't know what this "Driver Booster" is. Please don't use crap online (assuming it didn't mange to screw up your system already, and are looking at a clean install of the system). Manually get the latest drivers from the manufacture website.

4. I have to change the audio from 5.1 surround to stereo every time I install 1809 October or November update. 1803 always select the right audio setting which is stereo. I noticed it because the game were missing sounds effects.

This sounds like a driver bug from your sound card/chip. It is your sound card/chip driver that manages this. By default, Windows does not have 5.1 surround settings. I use a sound car (ASUS Xonar STX) which only have stereo support, and I have no 5.1 or whatever, option anywhere, if you wonder.

21 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows 10 version 1809 is the October 2018 Update.

The "November Update" is version 151

I had to change the automatic clock adjust to others many times in the past version of Windows, it really depends on which one is over used.

If the clock manually does not work, and you have the same issue in the BIOS/UEFI, then you need a new BIOS/UEFI battery for the motherboard. Happens, they don't last forever.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with "System devices drivers", but if you screen goes blank, it means that the GPU driver is restarting. This can be because the chipset is being updated which forces a reload of all PCI device drivers, or the the graphics card drivers is being updated so you have no image as the driver is being reloaded. That said, Nvidia has been shown to have issues with stuff that they love to include but you can remove: GeForce Experience, and Vision 3D (which gets installed even if no one has the glasses, let alone no one makes the display needed. So remove those, restart and see if there is improvements). And of course, make sure all your drivers are full updates, this includes: audio, SATA controller, printer and so on.

I don't know what this "Driver Booster" is. Please don't use crap online (assuming it didn't mange to screw up your system already, and are looking at a clean install of the system). Manually get the latest drivers from the manufacture website.

This sounds like a driver bug from your sound card/chip. It is your sound card/chip driver that manages this. By default, Windows does not have 5.1 surround settings. I use a sound car (ASUS Xonar STX) which only have stereo support, and I have no 5.1 or whatever, option anywhere, if you wonder.

Gigabyte sent me an updated bios for z87x oc force to test it. Could the updated bios causes the issue of the drivers takes a longer seconds to be update?

Driver booster 6 download all the latest drivers for each component.

Also I have two Blu-ray drivers but now windows only detect one driver. I re flashed the same bios version again and now windows 10 detect two Blu-ray drivers.