Alienware AW3418DW vs X34 Predator! Or Wait For 200Hz?

blindbird

Is the glory that is the Alienware 3418DW worth the extra cash? Is there a difference between 100 and 120Hz? What about those 3440x1440 @ 200Hz monitors coming soon?

Between 60 and 100Hz there'll be a really noticeable difference, but between 100 and 120Hz IDK if it's that much of a bump. As for 200Hz, what games are you expecting to keep over 200fps in at that res?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Alienware 3418DW worth the extra cash? for to buy it? or to wait for new ultrawides for 2019 releases?

Yeah for me it's worth it but if you find yourself repeatedly under 100fps then you will not use it much.

IDK if all Predators can do 100Hz OC though, I've heard that it's notoriously hard for them to go beyond 75Hz.

The new 200Hz HDR panels will be obviously better but they will also be 2x as expensive, you can't really compare that. Also, IDK about that "soon", they have been postponed so much already it's hard to really estimate the release date.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

when 200Hz HDR panels  will come? do we have  releases  dates?

1 minute ago, blindbird said:

when 200Hz HDR panels  will come? do we have  releases  dates?

the acer predator x35 was supposed to launch in the beginning of this year. Look at where we are now, 1 year later. I think there is something wrong in the manufacturing, so they are having trouble producing those immense panels.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorx35

So as far as i know they have no release dates, expect them to come out between now and 2020.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

the  reviews what  score  they  give for Alienware 3418DW ?

the  reviews  for Alienware 3418DW  are  very  positive for  this  monitor?

i had read the reviews for Alienware 3418DW and LG 34GK950G and both have very positives..

so if you would to ,my position you would buy the the Alienware 3418DW??or LG 34GK950G or you would wait for new ultrawides for 2019 releases??>

I'd buy the alienware personally (and plan on buying one soon). Unless you have an SLI setup you most likely won't benefit from a 200hz display in gaming.