Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with Gaming PC Build $1300 budget

kerg

Hello

I am currently putting together a gaming PC for a friend and have a few configurations, so i wanted to get any advice or opinions from other people.

What he requested:

A PC purely for gaming that I can use to play any game with at least 60fps that will last maybe 4-5 years.

His budget is around $1300 (with Black-Friday Deals if there are any, so the builds i have are slightly over)

Usage: Purely for gaming (even if he were to use it for school he does 2d animation there's no problem there)

Monitor: 32" 1080p 60hz tv

Intel

CPU:        i5 9600k

Mobo:      Gigabyte Z370 Aoros Gaming Wifi

Cooler:    CRYORIG H7 or Noctua NH-D14

AMD

CPU:        r7 2700X

Mobo:      Asrock X370 Taichi

Cooler:    Stock

Graphic:   Zotac gtx 1080 amp!

RAM:        coursair vengeance LPX 16GB

Storage:  Crucial MX500 500GB

PSU:        EVGA G3 650w 80+Gold

Case:       Coolermaster mastercase H500

Fans:       Coursair ML140

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 or thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

Questions:

• May change 9600k to i7-8700k if there are any good sales. What do you think?
  • May change 1080 to gigabyte rtx 2070 windforce if there aren't any good sales for 1080. What do you think?
  • Are the H7 and NH-D14 unnecessary for the 9600k? 
  • He's in a dorm without Ethernet access so I chose mobos with wi-fi, but would it be better / cheaper to get a mobo without wifi and a wireless network card?
  • I know the 2700X benefits with fast RAM so I have chose 3200 sticks but what speed would be best for the 9600k or 8700k?
  • He is thinking about selling his tv and replacing it but wants a display that's at least 32", any recommendations? (Budget $300-400, 1080p is enough but want higher refresh rate, maybe higher resolution if there are any at that price)
  • He said "F*** it lets go with that" for the Graphics card but is the gtx 1080 overkill for his usage?
  • Are there any other better recommendations for the psu, case. case fans, storage or ram?

I am sorry for the long post and amount of questions, thank you in advance for all of your help.

In video games gpu is more important, so i would build a r5 2600x and a gtx 1080ti build for him.

Also if the corsair ml fans cost as much as noctua fans, get the noctuas.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

20 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

In video games gpu is more important, so i would build a r5 2600x and a gtx 1080ti build for him.

Also if the corsair ml fans cost as much as noctua fans, get the noctuas.

I did consider a 1080 ti but all of them were pretty expensive and didn't seem like i would be able to keep it within his budget.

Are there any good models that won't go too much over?

I did ask him about getting a used one but he said he didn't want to risk it.

I just chose the Corsair fans because they were 2 for 35 and that because I don’t really understand the noctuas fan lineup.

Could you maybe name ones that would fit the case I have?