[Linux] Font Rendering Weird In Terminal

image.png.8c48e8272b43bca42c0b1feeb78d24a5.png

I actually use comic sans as my system font, however quite a lot of other fonts look weird in the terminal. But only in the terminal. Everything else is totally fine.

As you can see, I'm running ZorinOS.

image.png.1aedaceedcd8bd51f04226f85025c461.png

Any idea on why such a beautiful and flawless font would render oddly in just the terminal? I'd really like my fonts to match the rest of the system :/

I've never used ZorinOS, but you should use a monospaced font.  From this StackExchange post:

For terminal emulators, you should choose a monospace (a.k.a. fixed with) font. The letters are positioned in a grid, rather than as it would look nice according to the width of each individual letter.

Check out this font.  Might be what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, wviper3 said:

I've never used ZorinOS, but you should use a monospaced font.  From this StackExchange post:

Check out this font.  Might be what you're looking for.

Ah, that would explain it. Sadly there's really nothing resembling comic sans that is monospaced...

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ah, that would explain it. Sadly there's really nothing resembling comic sans that is monospaced...

You can get pretty close though.  I'm just looking at suggestions from this reddit thread.  Perhaps this?: https://www.dafont.com/pointfree.font

1 minute ago, wviper3 said:

You can get pretty close though.  I'm just looking at suggestions from this reddit thread.  Perhaps this?: https://www.dafont.com/pointfree.font

That one looks a lot closer. I'll give it a shot as soon as I'm done tickling my LCD's refresh rate

Or rather trying to

Thanks!

On 11/18/2018 at 6:19 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

That one looks a lot closer. I'll give it a shot as soon as I'm done tickling my LCD's refresh rate

Or rather trying to

Thanks!

While it doesn't quite look like comic sans, have you tried the Ubuntu font? It comes with a monospaced variant and it looks all right.

image.png.0a6dd7ea019523a85d2f7f1f12038910.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*