Seeking advice for a rackmount build

Good evening,

I posted earlier in the cooling forum about liquid cooling a 2u build, but after struggling the find a compatible chassis and realizing I was going to spend almost twice as much for what would probably be lackluster thermals, I decided I'd be better off moving up to a 3u and sticking to air cooling. The purpose of this build would be some hobbyist music production using Ableton and, of course, gaming. I went with the Ryzen 2700X because Ableton can make good use of hyperthreading. Similarly, Ableton allows you to load active tracks into memory, hence the 32G of RAM. I would have liked 64G, but I'm not sure the extreme price jump is worth the benefit. The storage solution is in flux. My current thinking is to use the NVMe drive for the OS, games, and current projects, and the two platters in RAID 1 for storing raw files of completed projects. The RAID may come as a later upgrade to save on up-front costs. I've also considered using a much smaller NVMe drive with a separate SATA SSD for games to try to save a few bucks. Advice here is most welcome.

Since this is going to be used for audio work, and due to space constraints is quite close to my vocal station, noise is a pretty big concern. The graphics card shouldn't spin up much when using Ableton, and I plan on using Noctua fans throughout, with the exception of the stock AMD cooler. If anyone has experience building low-noise systems in rackmount cases, I'd love to hear from you.

Thermals are also very much a concern. An 8-core processor and gaming graphics card is a lot to fit in a case not really designed for it. The one I've chosen has some decent fan options and I'm looking at a blower-style graphics card to help the machine cope. I'm not planning on overclocking.

I'm also wondering whether the 1070ti is worth it at this point, of if I'd be better off springing for a 1080ti or even an RTX card. I'm currently using a 21:9 1080p display, and probably won't makes significant upgrades any time soon, but I am a sucker for crushing them frames. Currently my 1060 6Gb laptop is lagging behind a bit. 

I'm a bit uncertain on Ryzen's RAM preferences. I remember reading somewhere that it likes speeds of 3000MHz or higher, but again, advice is welcome.

So, the system specs:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xfBjgw
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xfBjgw/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.89 @ Amazon) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste  ($6.55 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($259.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB GAMING Video Card  ($379.89 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120mm Fan  ($19.50 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.66 CFM 80mm Fan  ($15.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1640.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-17 21:07 EST-0500

The case I'm looking at is this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/iStarUSA-D-313SE-MATX-Compact-Rackmount-Chassis/dp/B006UACQB0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1542502923&sr=8-7&keywords=3u+chassis

I'm also planning on including two 60mm Noctua fans on the exhaust (PCPP doesn't search for 60mm fans) and leaving the 5.25" bays open for now to allow for some extra airflow and a nice subtle RGB glow, since RGB is apparently stapled to every high-end PC component these days. I might also try to include an extra USB controller, but that would most likely come later on.

It's worth noting that my work keeps me away from home more than half the year, so while my budget is decent I'd like to keep the price on the lower side of things. With the two extra fans and case, the current total price is about $1780. I'd like to trim it down some more if possible. 

Thanks for your time and input!