AI Suite II - 11.840V on +12 with EVGA1000 GQ

Vaseer
Go to solution Solved by OrionFOTL,

Software cannot accurately measure output voltages of the PSU, so you can ignore these numbers. The only way to know is by measuring them with a multimeter or similar tools.

To answer your other question, power supplies cannot affect FPS at all, in any way.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for what is probably a noob question, but, I just bought a EVGA 1000GQ, finished installing and powered up. All seems to work great, but I was curious about the voltages in AI Suite. They all seem a little lower than what(I though) they should be.

Vcore --> 1.284

+5V --> 4.971

+12V --> 11.840

+VDDA --> 2.508

Is the above expected? I don't see any drop or increase when gpu is at 50-60%(Rise of the tomb raider) however I do notice fps drop in ROTTR. That could be from the current setup as I'm waiting for more parts to arrive(I'm half way through upgrading system).

Current build is:

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64 HBM2 (11275-03-40G --> google pops up the LE version --> this is not the LE --> it should be this: http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=6A72A3C3-DF09-4552-9091-792B1F45CB4D&lang=eng

I can't find my exact serial "11275-03-40G" on sapphire's site, which is another oddity but for different forums section)

CPU: AMD FX8320 (waiting for Ryzen 7 2700X to arrive)

RAM: 24GB (mix of samsung, and hyper-x)

Should I be worried about the voltage? The PSU is 1000W so I'm expecting it to be fully capable of powering the above. Would a drop in power, or insufficient output cause frame drop in ROTTR? Or would that just be because of my old mobo and CPU?

Again, sorry for noob question. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!

Software cannot accurately measure output voltages of the PSU, so you can ignore these numbers. The only way to know is by measuring them with a multimeter or similar tools.

To answer your other question, power supplies cannot affect FPS at all, in any way.

7 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Mind at rest now! Thanks for that :)

Here's another one on this topic. Before the current evga, I bought a cougar VTX750, for the system upgrade. In AI Suite II, I was seeing voltage drops alerts for the CPU (VCore going down to 0.x) and weird temperature readings(-120C). Because I was also seeing issues where the case fan and rgb controller would just reset out of nowhere, I assumed that PSU(cougar) wasn't sufficient for the vega64 with above CPU. I've had the CPU for 6 years  now, and never seen such alerts coming out of AI Suite II, until the Vega 64 and cougar.

Was I correct in assuming the PSU as the likely culprit?

19 minutes ago, Vaseer said:

Would a drop in power, or insufficient output cause frame drop in ROTTR? Or would that just be because of my old mobo and CPU?

19 minutes ago, Vaseer said:

CPU: AMD FX8320 (waiting for Ryzen 7 2700X to arrive)

Your issue is with your old FX CPU, not with your PSU. Your Vega64 GPU will be severely limited by the FX CPU. Things should improve immensely once you get the 2700x.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Cougar VTX750 is a very low end PSU, so with a high transient load card like Vega64 it can cause sudden shutdowns of the entire PC when under load. But it cannot generally cause things like those problems with fan controllers and software bugs.

17 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Your issue is with your old FX CPU, not with your PSU. Your Vega64 GPU will be severely limited by the FX CPU. Things should improve immensely once you get the 2700x.

I thought it might, though I didn't expect it to show its age so badly for a 2015 game. Was pretty happy with it for the past 6 years though, had it paired with the hd7850. Was able to play almost everything up to 2016. Thanks for your reply on this :)

17 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Cougar VTX750 is a very low end PSU, so with a high transient load card like Vega64 it can cause sudden shutdowns of the entire PC when under load. But it cannot generally cause things like those problems with fan controllers and software bugs.

Ah...ok. So then not sorry I'm returning it. The fan controller was powered by a molex connector on the psu. System was running hot and under load when that happened, and it correlated with AI Suites II voltage drop, hence why I thought the psu might be at fault. This does answer my question though. Thanks for that :)