Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What parts are required for establishing an isp server

yashbaid6

I want to setup a new isp server for my city how i call establish it.

What do you mean by an ISP server?

Do you mean you want to become an ISP?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

That's a rather extreme undertaking. If you don't already know how to do it then chances are you won't be able to make it happen even if we provided the type of hardware you would require.

I know the hardware but i can't find the right one for my purpose

By isp means a small internet service provider for my small town

11 minutes ago, yashbaid6 said:

By isp means a small internet service provider for my small town

You need to Quote people if you want them to see your reply. It's the little backwards pointing arrow.

15 minutes ago, yashbaid6 said:

I know the hardware but i can't find the right one for my purpose

Well what kind in general are you looking for?

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

You need to Quote people if you want them to see your reply. It's the little backwards pointing arrow.

Well what kind in general are you looking 

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Well what kind in general are you looking for?

I need to know which comoany parts is good.

You're approaching the problem from the wrong direction which is why people are confused and having a difficult time answering your question. Establishing an ISP is not about what hardware you have - from a purely technical standpoint you could create an ISP with only a cheap Android phone configured as a wireless access point.

If you want to be an ISP then the key point is that you need to be connected to or partnered with some kind of up stream internet provider. You need to have a connection to the internet (one that is fast enough to support many people) that you can then split up and rent out for a fee.

For example in India this means you need to have a business to business agreement with a tier 1 provider like Tata Communications and will need to lay down fiber optic lines connecting one of Tata's communication hubs with your whatever location you designate as the hub of your new ISP (at this point you are now a tier 2 provider). From there you need a way for customers (tier 3) to connect to you. This might be by running copper cable from your hub to their houses or it might be by putting up a big Wifi antenna on the roof (or using copper or fiber optic cable to setup several Wifi towers around the city). Alternatively you might be leasing cables already laid by someone else.

Of course in addition to cables you'll eventually need to buy network switches, some server hardware to handle authentication and billing and other data center equipment to keep everything running. But that's all secondary and when deciding what is "good" the choice won't be based on the fact that you want to be an ISP, it will be based on the specifics of the network hub(s) you are creating.

In short an ISP isn't about the server room hardware, it's about business agreements, leasing and infrastructure building (like laying cable in the ground).

1 hour ago, Kedohawyr said:

You're approaching the problem from the wrong direction which is why people are confused and having a difficult time answering your question. Establishing an ISP is not about what hardware you have - from a purely technical standpoint you could create an ISP with only a cheap Android phone configured as a wireless access point.

If you want to be an ISP then the key point is that you need to be connected to or partnered with some kind of up stream internet provider. You need to have a connection to the internet (one that is fast enough to support many people) that you can then split up and rent out for a fee.

For example in India this means you need to have a business to business agreement with a tier 1 provider like Tata Communications and will need to lay down fiber optic lines connecting one of Tata's communication hubs with your whatever location you designate as the hub of your new ISP (at this point you are now a tier 2 provider). From there you need a way for customers (tier 3) to connect to you. This might be by running copper cable from your hub to their houses or it might be by putting up a big Wifi antenna on the roof (or using copper or fiber optic cable to setup several Wifi towers around the city). Alternatively you might be leasing cables already laid by someone else.

Of course in addition to cables you'll eventually need to buy network switches, some server hardware to handle authentication and billing and other data center equipment to keep everything running. But that's all secondary and when deciding what is "good" the choice won't be based on the fact that you want to be an ISP, it will be based on the specifics of the network hub(s) you are creating.

In short an ISP isn't about the server room hardware, it's about business agreements, leasing and infrastructure building (like laying cable in the ground).

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Kedohawyr said:

Can you please provide me the best up stream provider in india