If I delete my gmail account, can I create it again when I need it?

avg123

If I delete my gmail account, not my google account, can I create it again when I need it?

Is there anyway to delete google drive service?

Gmail account is the same as Google account. You can't "delete" one without the other.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

8 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Gmail account is the same as Google account. You can't "delete" one without the other.

Yeah you can.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61177?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I am confused about this part:

If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back. If it’s been awhile since you removed your Gmail service, you might not be able to get your emails back.

Does it mean I will not get the emails back or the email address back? I dont need the emails back, just the email address.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

@avg123

LINK:

https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2018/10/14/control-google-privacy/

All the controls for Google you'll need. You can delete individual Google products all the way at the bottom of the list...

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61177?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back. If it’s been awhile since you removed your Gmail service, you might not be able to get your emails back.

Does it mean I will not get the emails back or the email address back? I dont need the emails back, just the email address.

3 minutes ago, avg123 said:

Yeah you can.

Does it mean I will not get the emails back or the email address back. I dont need the emails back, just the email address.

The deletion doesn't happen immediately. So if you return quick enough before the deletion is done, you may or may not get them back.

As for email address - I'm assuming if no one takes the address you are using during that time, you can get it back. But it is still not guaranteed.

Makes no sense why you are deleting it in the first place if you may want it back at one point.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Why?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Free mail services often recycle e-mails, but they have a long recycle period to prevent abuse.

I was checking GMX the other day and they recycle e-mail addresses 1 year after they got deleted. Meaning the address needs to be inactive for 1 year before someone else can pick up the same name. This way they prevent abuse in terms of someone picking up your old address and receiving mails someone sends to your former e-mail address. It's considered your contacts get to know you've changed address in 1 year...

You want to delete the email... but still want to have the possibility of re-creating it again later on?

Umm... Why? Why are you going through the trouble of deleting it if you're just going to remake it again? You won't be getting any less spam when your recreate it, your email will still be on spamlists the world over. If you just don't want to get notifications on your phone from gmail, that can be arranged easily as well.

Just leave it be and never access it, simple as that. You're making your life a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, avg123 said:

It means that you may not get address back as someone else can register it after 6mo to year idle time. I would think same goes with emails when Google removes idle accounts from their servers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It means that you may not get address back as someone else can register it after 6mo to year idle time. I would think same goes with emails when Google removes idle accounts from their servers.

But the google account is still mine. Google accounts log in by email address. 

7 hours ago, avg123 said:

But the google account is still mine. Google accounts log in by email address. 

That's why there's word "may".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

41 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That's why there's word "may".

Ok I actually tried deleting gmail. You have provide an alternative email address and verify that address before Google will allow deleting the gmail address, so you can use that email address to login to your google account.

I cant remember if it has to be gmail address or any email address.

Just now, avg123 said:

Ok I actually tried deleting gmail. You have provide an alternative email address and verify that address before Google will allow deleting the gmail address, so you can use that email address to login to your google account.

I cant remember if it has to be gmail address or any email address.

Google's other services work with any email, so I think it can be either. Like you can share Drive and Calendar to non-Google accounts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv