LGA 1155 Motherboards

Old gen mobos are my biggest weakness ?

Which one do you think is the best of these two, H67H2-AD or H61

P.S. I'm gonna pair it with i5 2500

Component quality is awful. I suggest you go with Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 

It's a budget mobo with good quality components. I have been using it for around 5 years without a single problem.

P.S The H67 mobo you were talking about was mini-ITX so i figured that you have a mini ITX case. If you have a mid tower i sugest you to go with ITX version of H61 mobo.

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

Because it is crappy mainboard. Compare it to any other motherboard and you'll see why. No USB3.0, only 2 SATA, looks really cheap etc.

Look how good (not the best) motherboard looks like: https://www.asus.com/en/Motherboards/P8H67/

I found an ASUS P8H67 for Rp. 550.000 / $37, should I go for it? The other two (H67 & H61) are $25.

1 hour ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

Component quality is awful. I suggest you go with Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 

It's a budget mobo with good quality components. I have been using it for around 5 years without a single problem.

P.S The H67 mobo you were talking about was mini-ITX so i figured that you have a mini ITX case. If you have a mid tower i sugest you to go with ITX version of H61 mobo.

P8H61-M LX3 are quite expensive here, cost around $90. I found an ASUS P8H67 for $37, should I go for it?

Here it is:

https://www.bukalapak.com/p/komputer/hardware/motherboard/rjfk81-jual-asus-p8h67-termurah?utm_source=apps

2 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

I like the fact that old gen mobo's came with so many sata ports,these days mobo have all the ascetic bs like rgb and rgb fan control but lack actual features like more than 4 sata ports,pcie lanes,parallel ports etc. RGB has ruined everything. 

23 minutes ago, jsonschema said:

I like the fact that old gen mobo's came with so many sata ports,these days mobo have all the ascetic bs like rgb and rgb fan control but lack actual features like more than 4 sata ports,pcie lanes,parallel ports etc. RGB has ruined everything. 

SATA ports are still there, but you're right about RGB. In old days only cheap, crappy amplifiers and boom boxes has lot of lights. Good quality amplifiers and decks was black with minimal amount of lights. Now circus came to pc cases manufacturers.

41 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

SATA ports are still there, but you're right about RGB. In old days only cheap, crappy amplifiers and boom boxes has lot of lights. Good quality amplifiers and decks was black with minimal amount of lights. Now circus came to pc cases manufacturers.

also old mobo's has so much more functionality,these days many ports/headers have been replace by gimmicky stuff. Sata ports are there yeah but not in the same amount they used to be.Back in the day to build a server one could buy a cheap but good mobo with lots of pcie lanes,expansion slots and call it a day. These days many atx boards have that gaming look. 

3 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

if you like old gen motherboards you should pick up some lga 1156 boards and some x3440 xeons. 

1 hour ago, jsonschema said:

also old mobo's has so much more functionality,these days many ports/headers have been replace by gimmicky stuff. Sata ports are there yeah but not in the same amount they used to be.Back in the day to build a server one could buy a cheap but good mobo with lots of pcie lanes,expansion slots and call it a day. These days many atx boards have that gaming look. 

Not true, 6 SATA ports is still a standard if you buy normal motherboard. So it's the same amount as in 1155/1150 motherboards. Want more? ASrock gives you 8 in few motherboards (but uses 2 controllers for that and some of them will be disabled if you use PCI-E card or M.2).

12 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Not true, 6 SATA ports is still a standard if you buy normal motherboard. So it's the same amount as in 1155/1150 motherboards. Want more? ASrock gives you 8 in few motherboards (but uses 2 controllers for that and some of them will be disabled if you use PCI-E card or M.2).

Some asrock boards even have 10 sata connectors, 

, 6 SATA ports

put they come at a premium nowdays,back in the days 6 were there even in basic starter boards. AM4 boards are a great example of this. 

17 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

H61 would do fine. No need for a fancy mobo since it's not a K processor.  You'd want to go for the higher end chipsets if you want 4 RAM slots and the ability to add a ton of RAM.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti