Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my pc just stopped viewing a display

ovxv

hey yesterday iwas playing on my computer and i shut downed it so ican sleep today iwake up and its just dosent display any thing i tryed to change the gpu itryed the ram slot and i tryed to change the ram yesterday i downloaded the drivers for my radeon r9 m360 newest drivers because its old and that it

i changed the display driver before it stopped working and it dosent send a signal to the screen but the fans spin and its an old pc and now alwhile iwas trying to fix it the hd burned itryed with out but it stil didnt work

Make sure you have a buzzer onboard or an external one connected, then remove all the RAM and turn on the PC.  This should give a Beep code.  If it doesn't then it's most probably a dead motherboard, however, remove all PCI and PCI-e cards and try again without the RAM installed.  If still no beep code then the motherboard is almost definitely dead.

One thing you could get is a PSU tester, their pretty cheap off eBay or Amazon and very handy.  For the last try, you could remove everything but the CPU, RAM and GPU and power on.  No storage data or power connected, nothing but the 4/8pin EPS and 24pin ATX Motherboard Connector on the PSU (and GPU if required).  Also, remove all front panel connectors including the power button. Use the Onboard Power Switch/Button, or just use a screwdriver to short the 2 pins on the FP connector the Power Switch was connected too to start.

Its just about trying to eliminate components one at a time, it can be frustrating and time-consuming but you will get there eventually.  Don't rule anything out!  I've had everything from a front USB port to the white noise of a case fan to a foreign object blocking a connector been the cause of problems.

Let me know how it goes.

If not successful, could you post the PC specs including model numbers to help diagnose?  Photos might help too.

?? ~ OC-K1NG??

GA-X58A-OC - X5675 - GTX 970 - AX1600i - Custom Watercooling

My Folding

LTT Team ~ My Stats Signature Link