Computer Cuts Power After Playing Games With New GPU

Specs:

CPU: i54670k 

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 

RAM: 16gb ddr3 1600Mhz

Graphics: GTX 760/ Red Dragon RX VEGA 56 8GB

PSU: Corsair HX 750W

I have been scouring the internet for a solution but it seems to be uncommon and only a few apply to my situation.

My Problem

I recently decided to upgrade my GPU from the GTX 760 and got a good deal on the Vega 56. When I installed the GPU everything went pretty much smoothly. I started to play a game and after 5-10min the computer's power cut. No crash just off then turned back on shortly after. This happens every time I try to play a game, but just using the internet and such does not cause the computer to shut off. The GPU is fine since I returned it and the new one is still having the issue. I have reset the bios/cmos but still having issues. The temp of my PSU is not even hot by the time the computer turns off and it works fine with my 760, although I understand that the Vega 56 uses a good deal more power. At this point I am thinking that the motherboard is the issue, or maybe the PSU is just not working properly, but if anyone has any idea what is going on let me know.

I'll try to respond as fast as I can.

Edited by nai249

You uninstalled the GTX drivers and did a clean install of the Radeon ones? You'll be fine with that PSU, I'm running a Vega FE off a 650W PSU (EVGA G3, the HX units are the same or slightly better IIRC) and it eats a lot more power than a Vega 56. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Yes I uninstalled the old GTX drivers, however the problem still persists if they are uninstalled. It does not seem to make a difference if the old drivers are installed or uninstalled.

I would think this to be either motherboard or PSU. But if your GTX 760 functions fine in the same PCIe slot then I would assume that it must be something else. Download and launch a synthetic stress testing software voltages and wattages on the system and see if the voltages are consistent under load, or varying. AIDA64 works well for this, they offer a free trial.

In most cases voltages, when the computer is under consistent load, should stay relatively the same, with a small margin of change. If they are spiking up and down, then that would lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the PSU.