Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update the bios for z390 motherboard?

Krotis
 Share

Can you use a i7 9700k with a z390 motherboard without updating the bios and please answer quick so I can tell my friend to order these parts for a build I am doing for him and thx to the first person to tell me it would be very caring of you lel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

U could. The point of z390 is compatibility with 9th gen from the box.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant to type I7 8700k without updating bios mega rip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DaRkSiDeR1080 said:

I meant to type I7 8700k without updating bios mega rip

Pcpartpicker says it's compatible at least so I'm guessing it should be fine.

You'd probably need to update the bios to install a 9th gen processor like the 9700k in a z370 board not the other way around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2018 at 8:18 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

Pcpartpicker says it's compatible at least so I'm guessing it should be fine.

You'd probably need to update the bios to install a 9th gen processor like the 9700k in a z370 board not the other way around.

So the i7 8700k should work out of the Box in a z390 mobile? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaRkSiDeR1080 said:

So the i7 8700k should work out of the Box in a z390 mobile

You meant mobo not mobile right?

 

It should. You can plug in your specific parts in pcpartpicker by part number to be sure if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

You meant mobo not mobile right?

 

It should. You can plug in your specific parts in pcpartpicker by part number to be sure if you want.

Sorry auto correct lel i was on my phone so Mobo*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

You meant mobo not mobile right?

 

It should. You can plug in your specific parts in pcpartpicker by part number to be sure if you want.

So this would all work by pcpartpicker as said because idk why it says unable to verify if the CPU cooler and case are not compatible though but i'm thinking its fin its just one of pcpartpickers falts       

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DaRkSiDeR1080 said:

So this would all work by pcpartpicker as said because idk why it says unable to verify if the CPU cooler and case are not compatible though but i'm thinking its fin its just one of pcpartpickers falts       

 

I think you’re okay. I guess there’s a chance that the cpu cooler is too tall, but it looks okay to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×