ryzen 7 1700 vs 1700x

Witch cpu should i pick up for gaming i dont plan to overclock it . Just wondering is the 1700x that much better performance wise to 1700 ?

with no overclocking, the 1700x will be better due to higher clock speeds.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

with no overclocking, the 1700x will be better due to higher clock speeds.

But is the difference that much significant to drop more money on it ?

1 minute ago, Elmuchaco said:

If all you'll do is game you should go with a Ryzen 5 1600x instead that is if you have any reason to be looking into first gen Ryzen instead of the refresh

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

If all you'll do is game you should go with a Ryzen 5 1600x instead that is if you have any reason to be looking into first gen Ryzen instead of the refresh

Yeah its mostly for gaming on this pc 

2 minutes ago, Elmuchaco said:

for the same price you can get a ryzen 5 2600

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

My motherboard is too old for 2600 i think 

Agree, but still don't get why some people don't OC their CPUs it's not rocket science FFS....  you're literally paying for a factory OC, there's no guarantee they are higher binned and so can reach even higher manual  OCs. The worst part in OCing is the stability testing IMO, but you CAN skip some of that if you can tolerate the odd BSOD maybe happening and then adjusting the OC again.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Not a chance, you just update the BIOS. What board do you have?

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, Elmuchaco said:

not possible. 

Primary PC:

not possible. 

a320m pro-vd/s 

so if i were to oc it would the 1700 be the best choice ?

Just now, Elmuchaco said:

a320m pro-vd/s 

Unfortunately you can't OC on an A series board, so now I see why an X series CPU appealed more to you.

Primary PC:

Just now, Elmuchaco said:

No, if just for gaming you don't need an 8 core CPU, and unfortunately you CAN'T OC with that board, for about $5 more when you bought it you could have had a much better featured board with oc ability and other nice things.... anyway, won't dwell on that.

Yes, your best bet now is the 2600x TBH, BUT if you have some spare budget (like $60) you can get a half decent mobo also.... if not just go with the 2600x if you can afford it, remember to update your BIOS before you swap the CPUs over as it won't post/boot with a non updated bios to support the 2000 series CPUs.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

remember to update your BIOS

@Elmuchaco The extra important step here

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

No, if just for gaming you don't need an 8 core CPU, and unfortunately you CAN'T OC with that board, for about $5 more when you bought it you could have had a much better featured board with oc ability and other nice things.... anyway, won't dwell on that.

Yes, your best bet now is the 2600x TBH, BUT if you have some spare budget (like $60) you can get a half decent mobo also.... if not just go with the 2600x if you can afford it, remember to update your BIOS before you swap the CPUs over as it won't post/boot with a non updated bios to support the 2000 series CPUs.

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

@Elmuchaco The extra important step here

Thx for the info guys :)